cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Mac - Schedule meetings with my personal Room as default - Why can't I do that?

All the folks in my company use their personal rooms for all meetings.  Its easier to remember the link and we are the schedulers. Why can't I generate an email from scheduler with my personal room as default?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Mac - Schedule meetings with my personal Room as default - Why can't I do that?

Hi Hasen,
The purpose of our scheduler plug-ins is to create new meetings.  With recurring meetings and your personalized meeting room, the details remain the same so there is nothing new to schedule.  I have my personalized meeting saved as a signature in Outlook so I can add it to a meeting invitation with a couple of clicks.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
7 REPLIES 7
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Mac - Schedule meetings with my personal Room as default - Why can't I do that?

Hi Hasen, the scheduler allows you to create meetings and sync their scheduled times to Outlook; meetings that previously existed (such as personal rooms) cannot be synced to Outlook using the scheduler.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Michael, 

thank you.  I completely understand the current functionality.  This is the issue I am reporting that the use case for us end users is to have the ability to choose what we need, not have the choice limited by the app.

Setting up my personal room as default, instead of using a system generated meeting room should be a choice we have as organizers.  A radio button for example.

Thanks
Hasen
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Hasen,
The purpose of our scheduler plug-ins is to create new meetings.  With recurring meetings and your personalized meeting room, the details remain the same so there is nothing new to schedule.  I have my personalized meeting saved as a signature in Outlook so I can add it to a meeting invitation with a couple of clicks.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

As mentioned, I understand its current purpose.  My objective with this post is to share with your developers the functionality that we, end users, need that isn't currently available.

I can ofcourse do the link in the signature, or just type it in the meeting maker. However, I would like to be able to schedule a meeting from the scheduler, which automatically populates the meeting maker, with my personal room.

I wouldn't want to email my link as part of the signature with every single email.  

Not sure what would be the harm in providing that function?  The scheduler's job is to schedule meetings. Should be regardless of which room I choose to have it in.

Thanks
Hasen
New Contributor

To clarify, the functionality we're looking for is to click a button and have a Go To Meeting customized meeting maker generated with user specific information in outlook. We then select users and put in the subject and other unique inormation and just send the invite out.
New Contributor

Macbook Scheduler creates random meeting number (not my gotomeet.me/room)

I am using a Macbook with GoToMeeting Scheduler.

When I click the Scheduler icon in the upper right hand side of the screen and schedule a meeting, it opens Outlook and creates a meeting with the following:

https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/xxxxxxxxx

I would like it to autofill my room:

https://www.gotomeet.me/"my room name"

I can't seem to find how you can configure this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Macbook Scheduler creates random meeting number (not my gotomeet.me/room)

@astrum  As a workaround to the functionality you are requesting, you can simply set your personalized Meet.me url as an Outlook Signature option when sending normal appointments to attendees.