cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Mac V9 downloads older versions and runs them instead

Some colleagues and I are having issues with v9 for mac. Every time we join a meeting now it downloads an older version of GTM and runs it instead. Is there a way to resolve this?

7 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Mac V9 downloads older versions and runs them instead

@jmenken  Sorry for any confusion.  GoToMeeting desktop versions are matched up based on the organizer who scheduled or hosted the event.  If you are joining other meetings, then you may recieve a different version to match that broadcast.

Active Contributor

We are setup for V9. And when we launch it launches an older version. It wasn’t like that a couple weeks ago. Now when we join others it is downloading different versions. Which I guess would match what you are saying.
LogMeIn Contributor

@jmenken  As far as I heard the V9 Beta Program has not been discontinued, and you should be able to host your own meetings with this software, on demand.  Can you tell me exactly how you are launching the software itself, as the Organizer?

Active Contributor

@AshC Yes, we are launching as the organizer of the meeting. I even tried uninstalling all versions of GTM. I deleted preference files etc... Reinstalled. Same issue happens.

LogMeIn Contributor

@jmenken  When you reinstalled, did you specifically go through the V9 Beta link?  It looks like the 'automatic' setting for V9 beta testers was changed to V8 recently, which is why you can't automatically launch into session that way.  You may still be able to pull up the V9 software, then enter the Meeting ID manually, though I don't know how long that will work with this test software either...

Active Contributor

@AshC I downloaded a fresh version of it. Currently running Version 9.6.0 (9.6.0.589). Still have issues though. V9 app launches Version 8.33.0 Build 9250

So are you saying that V9 is not supposed to work anymore? 

LogMeIn Contributor

@jmenken  Once the GoToMeeting session is launched, it is technically the V8.-- experience.

You should still be able to join through the V9 interface by manually entering the GoToMeeting ID, but once in session there is no difference to the prior version 8.