cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Meeting Time Change in Outlook not updating in Web Portal/Desktop App

I'm the Admin for my company's GoToMeeting account, though I rarely use it myself.

An employee came to me today because she noticed an issue. She had created a GoToMeeting in Outlook, then several days later changed the time of the meeting in Outlook. Today when logged into the Desktop app, she noticed that the new time of that meeting had not synced from Outlook. I know that with MAC users, there are syncing issues like this but I did not know the same issues existed for PC users. Is there a way to fix this? I tested it myself and had the same result.

4 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Meeting Time Change in Outlook not updating in Web Portal/Desktop App

Hi @MB83,

If a meeting was scheduled via the desktop application instead of the plugin, updating it in your Outlook calendar will not automatically update it in the GoToMeeting portal. Meaning, if your employee scheduled the meeting by right clicking the GoToMeeting icon located in the System Tray, any changes made will not update. This support article has more information about scheduling.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for responding. However, as I mentioned in my post, the employee created the meeting in Outlook using the GoToMeeting plugin and changed the meeting time in Outlook. My question is why was the meeting time not updated in either the web portal or the desktop app.

Active Contributor

Hello again,

Reaching back out because I still haven't gotten an answer to this issue. As I have already stated, the meeting was created AND updated in Outlook but the changes did not sync with the desktop app OR the website. Would love someone to tell me why this is happening and what we need to do to fix it.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I was able to find my own solution to this issue.

I checked in Outlook Ad-Ins and noticed that there was a GoToMeeting ad-in that was not currently turned on for some reason. I checked the box and saved, restarted Outlook and tested again. When I update the time of a meeting in Outlook it is now syncing with the desktop app and website.

You guys should be paying me! :-P

gtm.JPG