cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Meeting get stuck on Meeting is Starting

I have a user that is trying to join meetings. His GoToMeeting will find the meeting but gets stuck starting as the title says. Windows 7, User is not an admin, other users with same security permissions can join meetings. A log file will be below.

2019-01-29 11:22:40.469 PST W: [g2mstart] <150> CLoader::setupLogFile() - failed to find last log directory
	(2008) "ECError::eNotFound"
	Method "FindFirstFileExW()" returned Win32 error [2]. The system cannot find the file specified.
	CLoaderLogManager::getLastLogDirectoryName() - error while getting directory list
2019-01-29 11:22:40.516 PST i: [g2mstart.exe] <Loader> Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Meeting get stuck on Meeting is Starting

@pgrimesdsi  Sorry about that.  Did GoToMeeting used to work on this PC's User Profile before?

Have you considered the GoToMeeting Web App as a workaround?

New Contributor

Yes it worked previously. This user does not want to use the web interface unfortunately. I do have additional logs dating back to when it was functioning if those can help diagnose the issue.

New Contributor

I have tried some further troubleshooting and have uninstalled Go2meeting. I now cannot reinstall. The installer fails with a message about technical difficulties. No error code or other messages. 

LogMeIn Contributor

@pgrimesdsi   Sorry about that.

How old is the PC itself?  Windows 7 is an aging platform that most people have upgraded to windows 10...

You can also try the MSI GoToMeeting package there:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/install-via-msi-windows-g2m010013

New Contributor

The MSI is the installer that is failing actually. Yes the computer is Windows 7. However the other computer he uses when his doesn't work is also a Windows 7 computer. I don't agree that most people have upgraded to Windows 10 though that is another discussion and not super relevant to my issue. 

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @pgrimesdsi 

How locked down is this PC, will our installers be able to write to the users AppData folder?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Both users are under the same security Group Policy's. And there shouldn't be any issue writing to AppData under those. We do redirect some AppData to a network location but there hasn't been an issue on any computers other than this one. Both computers use a wired network connection as well.