cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linda_R
New Contributor

MyMeetings uses my name for the subject in a meeting series

I have several meeting series set up in Outlook with GoToMeeting.  When I go to MyMeetings (Website and Desktop App) the Meeting Subject for these is my Name rather than the actual Meeting Subject for the series.   I also do not receive the nice popup telling me that I have a meeting in 5 minutes and prompting me to start.  And the Meeting subject does not show up in the GTM meeting window.  Single meetings show up correctly, provide the popup and show the subject in the meeting window.  I have to hunt down the meeting ID in order to select the correct one to start.  Why doesn't the  behavior for a Meeting series match that of a single occurence? 

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: MyMeetings uses my name for the subject in a meeting series

Hi Linda,

GoToMeeting events scheduled as a recurring 'room' as we now call it, has no actual start date/time on the meeting schedule, and thus you won't see any pop-ups from the endpoint software--- which is looking for meetings at specific times in your My Meetings list.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Linda_R
New Contributor

I still don't understand why the Outlook integration for this wouldn't work better.  The meeting series has specific Day(s)/Time and a Subject.  At a minimum I should see the Meeting Subject.  Currently I have to open up the Outlook meeting and click on the link in there or note the meeting ID and hunt that down in MyMeetings in the app.   Seeing my name for 8 different Meeting series is useless to me.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Are you using your personalized meeting room, or another recurring meeting?

Linda_R
New Contributor

I have the Outlook plugin.  I use the GTM button [Add Meeting] in the Outlook meeting invite.

Linda_R
New Contributor

And actually some of my meeting series show the meeting titleGTM.png

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Are you able to notice any difference between those meetings that correctly appear on the email template Vs. those recurring ones that don't?  Does this happen as well with a newly scheduled meeting?

Linda_R
New Contributor

I'm not finding an obvious pattern to the ones that show correctly vs. just my name.  Additionally while checking them I also realized that several of the meeting series have ended and shouldn't even be in the list anymore.