cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Need split screen available for iPad Pro

Is there a way to use the split screen option with the GoTo apps? I would love to be able to take notes and see the screen. You can take notes and still hear the audio but the screen doesn't update. Thank you!
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Need split screen available for iPad Pro

Hi Elizabeth,
Are you only attending meetings, or are you presenting some material yourself?  What note taking application do you currently utilize?

New Contributor

I mainly just attend meetings. I have tried using the installed IOS app, purchased Notability app, and also tried One Note. None of them do a true split screen where both GoTo functions continue and note taking is allowed.
LogMeIn Contributor

Ok, so your on an iOS system-- which has some limitations as to how many apps can be managed in the foreground/ background.  When GoToMeeting's viewer window is in the foreground, you probably won't be able to manipulate other apps simultaneously--- is the behavior I've seen with iPhones and iPads.

New Contributor

Do you know of any plans to update the app to allow simultaneous manipulation? Having the split screen option is relatively new in the iPad line, and the 12.9" Pro model has a large enough screen to make it truly useful.  
Thank you for your quick responses!  You saved me lots of time on Google trying to figure this out myself.  
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Elizabeth,
I don't have any updates right now, but can certainly change this convo to an 'Idea' so that product developers can access the improvement possibility easily.  I think it sounds like a logical progression of the GoToMeeting mobile apps to me!

New Contributor

It has been 2 months since this chain began - have there been any updates to this? I have and use the 12.9" iPad as my primary work device and use your service at least 5-7 times per day for MULTIPLE hours. I'd love to see split screen come to the software. Thanks, in advance!
Active Contributor

Mainly for an iPhone, but is there a way to see both the presentation screen and presenter's webcam at the same time instead of having to swipe back and forth between the two? I'm wondering if I"m missing a setting for this. Also, while i'm here...we find that there is a lot of sound feedback issues with attendees utilizing iPads in regards to when the organizer is sharing a video in the Activities Feature. Any thoughts on this?
New Contributor

Greetings Community at LogMeIn staff:

It seems that this feature is still missing.  I know I can bring up an “overlay” application on top of GTM, but no real split screen yet. Any updates from LMI Product Management?

Thanks!

New Contributor

Agree it would be great to have

even using ios12 I can’t seem to get the dock to split screen