cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DocDavis
Active Contributor

New GoTo Meeting browser pop up after sessions

Has anyone heard when they intend to stop my browser popping up with malware like precision every time I finish a session?  While I realize that the EULA certainly allows for it, I fail to see how the action is ethical/wanted/needed/helpful/useful.  I pay a crap ton of money for this product!  (100 licenses)  Why should I be distracted by the narcissistic/myopic advertising from something I already own.  

Seems extremely unprofessional to me.

Doc Davis

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: pop up malware after sessions

Hi @DocDavis,

Are you referring to the post-session survey that asks how your meeting experience was and asks for feedback? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
UserK

I think he is referring to the "reminder" web page for the new Gotomeeting that opens automatically after each session ended.  Many of our users have complained about it being a nuisance.  Can you make this page not pop up at the end of each meeting?  

DocDavis
Active Contributor

UserK down below this thread has it right.  It's not a survey, it's a GoTo built command to open my browser (BHO) for the sole purpose of advertising the new version of the software.  (I would love to know if those who can use the new version - which I can't - have to deal with the browser hijack)???

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you for the feedback, we have shared this with our team.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
DocDavis
Active Contributor

May I assume that "reporting my feedback" is a way of saying that there is no intention to stop the BHO?  (That was my original question....).