cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

New phone system - GTM dropping out.

Hi, We've recently moved to a VOIP phone system and its generally working fine. However we now have issues with GTM dropping out (often around 20 minutes)

This is usually when we're conferencing using a Polycomm system. We've set the ip for the unit to have full access on our firewall just to be sure nothing is getting blocked but its not made any difference.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: New phone system - GTM dropping out.

Hi @Banana_Co ,

I'm curious to know more about your LAN settings there:  Does it ever reset the specific IP of locations around your office? 

Previous to this, did you test GoToMeeting's integrated VoIP audio from a PC on the same network?

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, we've been using GTM for years, from Laptops/PC's and Desk phones.

I've ran tests with desk phones and all work fine. Interestingly i signed up to a trial of Zoom and got the same issue so I presume is a protocol thing with Polycom devices or something?

With regards to resetting ip, not sure what you meant but both units are on a fixed IP. We did this to ensure there was no port/ip blocking taking place.

LogMeIn Contributor

The regular 20 minute drop off indicates it may be an issue with your telecom provider.  If you've already reached out to them for an inquiry, could you let us know what their opinion is?  Thereafter, we can trace the call failure within 24 hours of an event to give you and your provider more answers...