cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wago
New Contributor

New to GoToMeeting

I created a new trial account and it has somebody else's information. (somebody named jeff Kenneth).  The only help link I see is a community support group. I clicked to update settings which took me to logmein site, it was blank so I entered my info and a photo. back to gotomeeting -> Photo shows up on gotomeeting control panel but still has other dude's info. Honestly it looks like a serious bug to show other peoples info in your account? How do I get rid of it? Is there an explanation for the other person's information in my account? 

Screenshot from 2021-01-28 20-59-31.png

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: New to GoToMeeting

@wago  I've never seen that occur before!  Do you share the PC used to set up the trial with anyone else, or has it ever been in someone's possession before?

If you cannot update everything on the account, let us know.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
wago
New Contributor

I think maybe stuff like that happened in the 1990's and maybe first few years of 2000's  but I don't recall seeing that kind of account info deal happening recently. But I've read about recent things I suppose. Anyway,

It's a Lenovo W530 I bought about 3 years ago from some dude. I replaced the hard drive. It's run FreeBSD, Alpine Linux and Ubuntu. I have multiple computers and things around often. Right now it's running Ubuntu installed within the past 6 months. 

Linux ThinkPad-W530 5.8.0-40-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 15 11:05:36 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Nobody else uses this computer. 

I clicked on the link to update account info and entered my name, etc. (I also entered my name when I first signed up, but it was blank in the account info) when I return to the dashboard it had some else's info. I have never heard of this person. But it does have my photo. Luckily there's no credit card information in there!

Thanks

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

OK, if you have any trouble permanently editing your personal info online, please call Customer Support so they can have engineering take a deeper look how this happened.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!