cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Number of video participants

We're using the Pro version of Go To Meeting for video conference calls - but each time we use it as least one of the participants is unable to join by video and they get an error message saying that the maximum number of participants by video has been reached.

The most we've had taking part is 13 people and I understand up to 25 should be able to join by video.

Some people have experienced this issue when trying to join via a computer (with webcam) and others via a mobile device.

I wasn't sure if there might be an issue with computer filters / firewalls, or if the number of people by video is limited if joining via a mobile device?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Number of video participants

@AHSN_Network  Your suspicions are correct:  Mobile users are restricted to 6, while desktop users can join up to 25 webcams. 

New Contributor

I can only manage 7 cams using 1 Gbps Ethernet, and 6-7 cams via WiFi, (the PC is not very fast, however),

so may I please know what your PC networking speed is and what your Internet bandwidth is? 

Also, are you hosting with a powerful PC? 

I am perplexed as to why I cannot get more than 7 cams going!  Back in 2017 the GtM forum stated flatly that GtM limits webcam counts so as to have smoother video even though advertising 25 webcams even back then[1].

[1] https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-Discussions/Webcams-limit/td-p/154605/page/5 

LogMeIn Contributor

@JohnNeu  The webcam quality can lower if there is an internet connection concern by GoToMeeting.  Otherwise, there no reason a desktop PC would be limited to 7 webcams.

New Contributor

For us, it only allows 6 webcams, sometimes a 7th webcam will pop in and drop out after a few seconds.  The 7th participant who gets cannot start his video or whose video gets dropped receives an error of:

• "Webcam Limit Reached. All webcam spaces are currently being used. Please try again if space becomes available." 

In our case, all users are on PCs (even though this attached image is from an iPhone trying to join as the 7th webcam, the other 6 being from PCs).

Does the host screen resolution matter? 

We do set our presenting PC's screen resolution low at 1280x720 so the physical attendees in the conference room can better see the projected display.  

GtM_7th_cam_dropped_after_working_a_minute.JPG

LogMeIn Contributor

@JohnNeu  Correct:  That's the limitation of joining from a mobile device.  Mobile app participants will not be able to share their webcam unless there are fewer than six webcams currently shared.  Mobile attendees will always see the webcam of the current speaker no matter how many in total are shared.