cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardcooke
New Contributor

OBS Virtual Camera says 'failed to initialize your webcam' in preferences preview

Go To Meeting Windows 10 cannot get the feed from OBS Virtual Camera.

• If in a meeting and I attempt to turn on my webcam, I get an 'Unable to share webcam' 'your webcam is already in use. Please close all other applications using your webcam and try again'. 
  • I have run GTM as windows admin, closed almost every application on my computer but for GTM and OBS, uninstalled/reinstalled, various other steps but to no avail.
  • I can get the feed from my junky Logitech s7500 to GTM.
  • The feed from OBS Virtual Camera to Teams, Skype, works perfectly. GTM does not.

• Windows 10.
  • GTM c 10.15.0b19228

I'd really like to be able to use OBS as this enables me to present in strategic ways too my customers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
electro
Visitor

Re: OBS Virtual Camera says 'failed to initialize your webcam' in preferences preview

The OBS output resolution is the problem. If I set it to minimum, virtual camera and GoToMeeting works.

Seem to be a Gotomeeting bug.Error.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
richardcooke
New Contributor

Re: OBS Virtual Camera says 'failed to initialize your webcam' in preferences preview

I downloaded another application called 'Streamlabs OBS' and it works with GTM as I would expect it to.

I will continue with this other new app in lieu of OBS.

electro
Visitor

The OBS output resolution is the problem. If I set it to minimum, virtual camera and GoToMeeting works.

Seem to be a Gotomeeting bug.Error.jpg