cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Outlook Plugin keeps forgetting me

Hi everyone,

I have installed the desktop client and the Outlook plugin for Windows 10 Office 365. Both work but I am being asked to log into the Outlook plugin at least once a day, sometimes more. I leave my PC running overnight so it is always on. When I try to click on Meet Now or Schedule Meeting I get a pop-up asking me to log in.  I always click "Remember me" but it never does. I always have to enter my ID and PW. After that, it works...until it decides to log me out again. 

I called Support and they said this is normal. I wanted to find out if everyone sees this behaviour or just some of us. Can anyone confirm or if you have figured out a way to correct this, please share how.

@ideas for GTM, can you please change this behavior or offer a setting to change it? I would think on a private PC, we would want this login to remain persistent. (like all of our Microsoft products and browser logins do).

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Outlook Plugin keeps forgetting me

@JeffM365 Sorry for the frustration.

That behavior is definitely not normal.  Could you try uninstalling / re-installing the GoToMeeting plugin and desktop software by first saving the file to your downloads folder, and then manually running it from there as 'Administrator' ?  (Usually this option becomes available when right-clicking an executable file)

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I took your recommendation. I'll let you know how it goes this week.

Active Contributor

I uninstalled yesterday and reinstalled as admin and signed in. All was good. I rebooted my PC this morning and tried to schedule a meeting via Outlook ribbon. Unfortunately, it has logged me out again and although the "Remember me" box is checked, it didn't. Any other ideas for fixing this?

LogMeIn Contributor

@JeffM365  Could you confirm what build your GoToMeeting software is set to (click 'About')?

And also, confirm that your Community email address is the one used for the account?

Active Contributor

@AshC Yes, my email is the same for both. The only "about" I see to get a version is for the client install, not the Outlook plugin or web versions. Anyway, the client version is 8.34.1 Build 9508 and the Mode: Start automatically.  I may post the question to my co-workers later today to see what their experience is.

I could use the GTM client app (because it seems to stay logged in) to book a meeting but it doesn't integrate as well with seeing other folk's schedule conflicts.

New Contributor

@JeffM365 @AshC This is happening to me also (and my entire company of ~23 people). Our MSP told me it's a shortfall of GTM, and that they couldn't do anything about it. They said the plugin has a 2 hour "time-out" window and requires users to log-in after 2 hours have passed. As an FYI, we also use Okta for SSO and therefore have to log-in to GTM and then Okta in order to reactivate the plug-in almost everytime we have a meeting! It's VERY disruptive! 

If you found a resolution to this, PLEASE let me know. I get daily emails about how annoying it is to log-in all the time.

Active Contributor

@LeenaL Sorry to hear that. I just told the company I work for ~100 users (We just signed up for a year of GTM) the bad news.

@ Go To Meeting developers...

Can you please prioritize a FIX for this. Unless we logout, as long as we are using a personal, not public, computer, we should stay signed in. Please figure this out. I want to love and promote your product but this is a big hit on the convenience factor.

Thanks!

New Contributor

Hi,

Group of 3 of us all get this same issue: Outlook from Office 365 on current Windows 10. Have to sign in atleast every day. That signin experience  is poor, I think, because it's using Egde and my Lastpass isn't available. Copy and Paste password barely works.

The gotomeeting agent stays logged in, surely the plugin and that can talk and work something out :/

Tags (3)
New Contributor

I am having this problem also.  It started about a month ago when I got a new workstation.  My company has been rolling out various apps through OKTA - GTM is not on the apps page yet though.  I'm running Windows 10 with OKTA for SSO to VPN.

Perhaps this has to do with OKTA integration, I noticed another mention of OKTA in the thread above.  I have subscribed to the thread to get updates, thanks.