cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Outlook plugin not able to install

I was using the GTM plugin in outlook for years, then one a day a few months ago it just stopped working.  I uninstalled it and now i am unable to install it. i am running version 1906 (build 11727.20244) of outlook. I get the following error in the installer:

Name:
From: https://builds.getgocdn.com/builds/calendarintegration/outlook/G2M/GoToMeetingOutlookCalendarPlugin....

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: entryValue
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.RegistryStore.Retrieve(String entryName, Object entryValue, CompareDelegate compareMethod)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.MetadataStore.UpdateLastCheckedTime(String subscriptionIDParameter, String subscriptionIDValue, DateTime newLastCheckedTime)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Outlook plugin not able to install

Hi there,

Have you ensured that VSTO is up to date on your Windows device?

New Contributor

yes, i have installed the latest VSTO and I still get the same error:

Name:
From: https://builds.getgocdn.com/builds/calendarintegration/outlook/G2M/GoToMeetingOutlookCalendarPlugin....

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: entryValue
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.RegistryStore.Retrieve(String entryName, Object entryValue, CompareDelegate compareMethod)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.MetadataStore.UpdateLastCheckedTime(String subscriptionIDParameter, String subscriptionIDValue, DateTime newLastCheckedTime)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

LogMeIn Contributor

OK, thanks.  You can also try this fix we found, that works in most cases:

1. Close all Outlook windows
  2. Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run window (bottom left)
  3. Type in %localappdata%\apps
  4. Click OK
  5. Delete folder named 2.0
    • Note: If an access denied or other permission error is seen, reboot the computer and try to delete again.
  6. Retry installation with the installer

New Contributor

that did work for the installer, thanks! however, the plugin is still not working. every time i click one of the GTM buttons in the ribbon (meet now, schedule meeting, add meeting) i get this error message:

Capture.PNG

LogMeIn Contributor

@mriedel90  Please try to log out / back into the plugin to see if this resolves the error message.

New Contributor

i was able to log out, but every time i try to log back in, it crashes outlook. when outlook reopens, it says the GTM plugin crashed outlook so it was disabled. it continues to happen every time.

LogMeIn Contributor

We hear that alot from Outlook users where there may be limited resources, or Outlook is underperforming unfortunately.  You may try this approach if it continues:

1. Click File
  2. Click Options
  3. Click Add-Ins
  4. Change Manage drop-down from COM Add-ins to Disabled Items
  5. Click Go...
  6. Click GoToMeeting Add-in
  7. Click Enable
  8. Click Close
  9. Restart Outook

LogMeIn Manager

@mriedel90  It looks like you are using a more recent version of Outlook, so you should be able to use our newer plug-in for Office 365: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/install-the-gotomeeting-office-365-outlook-add-in-g2...

At the top of your Outlook click on Get Add-ins and then search GoToMeeting. Unless you have an admin that has restricted you from installing Add-ins, you should be able to install it.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

thanks, i am now getting an error when it tried to install the app:Capture.PNG