cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
librarygrrl
Active Contributor

Outlook plugin thinks I'm someone else

Outlook plugin doesn't recognize me as the meeting organizer when I create meetings:  I'm logged into my Outlook account, I send the meeting from me, and when I open the meeting it logs me in and then says it's waiting for my colleague Cheryl to start the meeting.

I removed the plug in.  It disappeared from my Outlook ribbon.  I turned my pc off.  I turned my pc on.  I  logged into GTM’s website.  I downloaded the Outlook plug-in again.  I installed it.  It appeared in my Outlook ribbon again. I created a test meeting and when I opened it up it said it was waiting for the event organizer, Cheryl.

When I open Outlook Add-Ins to try and edit the plugin, GTM plugin is NOT listed in installed Add-Ins or Connectors.

Any ideas how to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
librarygrrl
Active Contributor

Re: Outlook plugin thinks I'm someone else

Ash -- that seems to have done it, THANK YOU!  The plug-in now appears in Outlook add-ins and I was able to sign my colleague out and sign myself into the plug-in.  When setting up a meeting in Outlook, I am now the presenter and organizer and the meeting launches without issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@librarygrrl  Have you already tried to log back into the desktop app, as well as log out/into the GoToMeeting Outlook plugin? 

Have you attempted a full reinstall of the desktop application, then launching from your local My Meetings list? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
librarygrrl
Active Contributor

Thanks, Ash. Yes.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the GTM app several times.  Please note, I have no issues at all with the GTM app itself; it recognizes me correctly and I can create meetings from the GTM app which resolve correctly with me as the owner/organizer.  The only error I have is with the Outlook plug-in, which I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  When log into Outlook as me and set up a meeting using the GTM Outlook plug-in where I send the meeting request from me, it then results in a meeting where I am only a participant -- not the organizer -- and am told the meeting is waiting for the organizer to arrive.  I'm unable to edit/change the plug-in itself as it does not show up in my Outlook Add-ins (though it lives in my Outlook task ribbon).

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Although I don't know what kind of Outlook set up you have there, you can try this alternate install method for the GoToMeeting plugin to see if it takes: https://github.com/robotmachine/G2MWT-Tools/releases/download/latest/outlook_cli_install.zip 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
librarygrrl
Active Contributor

Ash -- that seems to have done it, THANK YOU!  The plug-in now appears in Outlook add-ins and I was able to sign my colleague out and sign myself into the plug-in.  When setting up a meeting in Outlook, I am now the presenter and organizer and the meeting launches without issue.

HelpDesker
Active Contributor

That link no longer works. 

librarygrrl
Active Contributor

Link returned a 404 error for me as well, but it downloaded in the background and I was able to install from there.