cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Partial PowerPoint Screen Captured

I gave a GoToWebinar presentation  Sunday, and for some as yet unknown reason, no audio (after the first minutes) and no video was recorded.  Normally we present from one computer and record on another computer.  So I decided to take a Windows 8.1 system and set up a test webinar to try to re-record my talk (using only one computer).  In setting up the webinar, I clicked on the screen-sharing option "PowerPoint" so that I would capture only the PowerPoint window.    As I was not connected to a projector, I did not have the "show screen 2" option available.  I started the webinar and put PowerPoint in full-screen mode.  I recorded test audio with my PowerPoint, and when I converted the recording and viewed it. IGTW had captured only part of the PowerPoint screen.  The bottom and right parts of the screen were missing.  Is there some display parameter in Windows 8.1 that I need to change?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Partial PowerPoint Screen Captured

I apologize for the difficulties you experienced durring your last broadcast.

While the Audio aspect of a GoTo conference could fail for several reasons (almost always connectivity related), it is possible that you have a conflict in the display aspects of your Windows 8 machine.  I would check the display settings there, and then go visit your manufacturer's website to confirm the product ID and update any available drivers (free to download), before testing a new broadcast again.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I do not understand your reply.  I am NOT concerned with audio - the problem I had Sunday is a different problem that I do not want to pursue in this forum post.  The problem is with the graphics settings on the Windows 8.1 machine - i.e., what setting(s) do I need to change to get GTW to capture the entire PowerPoint screen.  Someone whom I know, and who does record with a single computer, told me that I should call customer support to get the info.  I decided to post on this forum first.    I am a retired IT professional, but I have little knowledge of Windows display settings, as I rarely have problems and have to make changes to settings.  The resolution setting on the 8.1 laptop: 1366x768.  Do I have to decrease the resolution?  If so what resolution do I need?  Thanks.

LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, I would definitely present next time with a higher resolution.  Depending on the aspect ratio of your display, boost it up higher and run a test presentation with your organizers.

New Contributor

The resolution on ther 8.1 laptop is max: 1366x768.  I tried lower resolutrions 1280x768, 1280x720, and 1024x768 and these had even more oc the slides cut-off.  I will try another test tomorrow with presnting on the 8.1 laptop and recording on my Windows 7 desktop.

New Contributor

I resolved the problem.  Normally we have a projector connected, and we use screen-sharing option "Screen 2".  But without a projector, I selected "PowerPoint application".  And the screens that were captured were not the full PowerPoint screens.  What was captured were partial full-screens, offset.  When I changed the screen-sharing to "Screen without taskbar,..." (I do not remember the exact wording), then GoToWebinar captured the proper full-screen images of my PowerPoint.

I do not know enough about Windows graphics to be able to day that my first screen-sharing attempt is a bug in GoToWebinar.  On first thought, I would say that it is a bug, as GTW did not correctly capture the window of the PowerPoint application (when I had the PP in full-screen presentation mode).

LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the follow up @bsfinkel !