cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVCUser

Pause Sharing bar in new UI

The bar for Pause Sharing/Share Something Else and Drawing Tools is stuck at the top of the screen that I am sharing in the new UI. I'm typically sharing online content and have multiple tabs open. This bar cannot be moved and completely blocks the tabs. Should be able to move it to the side and/or bottom as needed. 

12 REPLIES 12
McVee
Active Contributor

Re: remove local banner when screen sharing

I called tech support and they 'changed' something in the backend (user cannot do themselves) and asked me to logoff/logon.  Now there is zero border when sharing screen....like the older version

markOteam
Active Contributor

Re: remove local banner when screen sharing

Thank you I was able to do this.  Going thouh support not needed, it took 10 minutes of insisting it can be done, to be talked through the setting.

Which is.   logged in through web. 

go to My Account

Manage users.

Click the user(s) you want to revert the setting for.

Under settings right hand side, click Edit.

Scroll to the bottom, change "New GoToMeeting design" to Status = off

Your desktop app signed in as that user will revert to the old look and you no longer will have the top banner bar. 

NickGom
Active Contributor

I hate this new user interface

After using GTM for years I now hate, hate, hate this product. What have you done? There is a green bar that appears in the top left that says someone is sharing the screen, You cant get ride of it and when you are trying to show software you can't now click on items on the top of your screen.

That's just for a starter. The old interface was so much better!!!!!

Going to cancel this and find another product. 

Shame on you and you need to fire the person that came up with this shambles of an interface.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: I hate this new user interface

Hey Nick,

I apologize for the frustrations.

While we continue the improvement process based on customer feedback for the new GoToMeeting desktop software, we also offer customers a way to revert back to the prior version if they'd like.  You can do this through your online GoToMeeting Settings when you're not currently in a session.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
NickkyOng
New Contributor

With this new interface which I hate as well, how do i remove the new top bar after screen share is activated. The bar with the button of Pause Sharing, Share Something Else and Drawing Tools. 

How do I remove this? Is annoying and this bar cant be move to the side and it will always stick at middle. 

I'm seriously considering to cancel my subscription too now. 

JonPeltier

I'm not wild about the new interface either. It looks more modern, but it is not as clear and concise as the old one.

The new interface has so many big black boxes, and they appear at unpredictable places.

The main viewing screen, when I'm watching someone else's screen. allows me to change various settings, like shrink the top panel with everyone's initials, minimize the window, change the zoom. But when I become presenter and then not presenter, my customizations are gone and I have to fix the screen again.

And this morning I wasted a half hour with a client because I couldn't find where to make him the presenter. I tried clicking on his icon (the big circle with his initials), I tried clicking on the monitor icon at the bottom of the screen, which is the logical place for it in the dropdown of what I want to show from my computer.

The old interface looked old, but everythig was easy to find in a single panel, without having to click icons everywhere.

Appearance of the new interface: B+

Usability of the new interface: D+

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@NickkyOng If you have the 10.8 GoToMeeting version, you should be able to move those controls around your screen as needed.

We're still working on improvements for the new interface, so don't worry there's more to come!

NickkyOng
New Contributor

@AshC , noted that v10.8 has this fixed. Can i know where to download this as I could not find it anywhere. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@NickkyOng I've upgraded your account manually so you should be able to download version 10.8 now.