cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Polycom and inRoom Link

Good afternoon!  Seeking some further information to help with utiliznig GotoMeeting from our Polycom units.

Question 1:   I'm a current subscriber and we have Polycom video conferencing equipment that I can never utilize with GoToMeeting, but I've read that you have a service called GoToMeeting InRoom Link that allows me to utilize my Polycom Trio 8800 when I use GoToMeeting. Is this a separate service with a additional cost or is it already include as part of my enterprise GotoMeeting, GotoWebinar, GoToTraining subscription?

Question 2:   Is the GoToMeeting InRoom Link compatible with the Polycom Trio 800 Collaboration Kit?

Question 3:  Do you have instructions how to utilizing InRoom Link via a Polycom?

6 REPLIES 6
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Polycom and inRoom Link

Hi there,

There is no additional cost for GoToMeeting InRoom setup.

Your hardware will be compatible.

We have lots of documentation and videos available on the account activation, as well as common scenarios.

New Contributor

Hi,

We have a Real Presence Group Series 500 and we have suscribed to a Plus suscription with In Room Link.

The thing is that the room is only visible if the participants are all first connected. Is that normal ?

LogMeIn Contributor

@GabrielaOCIRP  You should be able to join an active GoToMeeeting broadcast at any time using an InRoom link.  What do you see when you are being restricted at the start time there?

New Contributor

We have a Real Presence Group Series 500  as well.  Yet versus having to type in the IP and meeting ID can you join the InRook Link faster by pressing a url link or button somewhere from the Polycom remote? 

Also can you have GoToMeeting call you when a meeting is starting as welll and just click answer to join?  Cisco WebEx/Spark can do that for Cisco devices.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @pmv800 ,

I'm not aware that Polycom has added that functionality to its devices yet.

GoToMeeting does offer a CallMe functionality, which requires a toll-free addition to an existing plan.  This works when an attendee starts their endpoint application, enters their local phone number, and then recieves an inbound call from the OpenVoice/GoTo phone conference system.

LogMeIn Contributor

@nicholasplatt  @pmv800  @GabrielaOCIRP  GoToMeeting InRoom functionality has improved! 

We now support many SIP phone systems as well as H.323 communication standards.

See this support document for additional details:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/inroom-link-for-video-conference-rooms-and-systems-g...