cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mypig7

Presenter view - Powerpoint - others see white screen

I have my powerpoint presentation open in presenter view (where I see current slide, next slide & my notes)

When I Share my screen and choose the Powerpoint slide show option for what to show others, I see my presenter view but they see a white screen.

Is there a solution to this?

Do I need to have 2 screens at my end?

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Presenter view - Powerpoint - others see white screen

Hi there,

While you do not need to have two screens to present, it certainly helps you manage both applications simultaneously. 

GoToMeeting should hover over your PowerPoint application at all times unless you go into slideshow mode.  Try this method of screen sharing instead:

1. Click Slideshow
  2. Select Set up Show
  3. Select Browsed by an individual (window)
  4. Use the Specific Application Sharing screen sharing method in GoToMeeting to share just the PowerPoint application

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @mypig7 

Yes, you will need a 2nd monitor connected to your Mac. When you put Powerpoint in Presentation mode the slideshow feed is basically being sent to another screen, in the past that would typically have been a projector. Since there is no other screen or output connected GoToMeeting ends up sharing a white screen. If you connect another monitor and then select to share the Slideshow it will be displayed correctly for your attendees.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
ilmetallo

I guess it's necessary to let a relator share a powerpoint presentation in speaker mode NOT ONLY having a 2nd monitor connected. That's because a lot of conference call are perfomed in small environment, like room, during covid quarantine. I hope you'll fix this issue in the future.error ppt.png

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @ilmetallo

This issue is not a limitation of GoToMeetings, the software is trying to share the the screen that it is being asked to, but without a 2nd screen being connected it fails. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
vsalap

How does ZOOM make it happen and presents only the Slideshow window with no problem? (Without fiddling with PP itself)