cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Resize Individual Webcam Feeds

I can't see it's possible, but I think allowing each individual webcam feed to be re-sized is a feature that is needed. When we are in a meeting, we don't need to see our feed as large as the other party, or at all. Services like Skype have had this as long as I can remember, and I'm surprised it's not implemented in G2M.

If I'm missing how to do that, forgive me and please tell me how.

Thanks.
69 REPLIES 69
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Resize Individual Webcam Feeds

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, while we do allow you to re-size the webcam portion of the screen, you are correct that you cannot yet re-size the individual webcam feeds. We appreciate the feedback!
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree with miyzfrider. I am a new user and am surprised that this capability does not exist. I am setting up a meeting between conference rooms in two locations. I want one location to see the webcam at the other but neither need to see themselves. Thanks for the info on Skype. I'll try that, and it's free.
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

We do this on GoToMeeting for the iPad. You can change to "talking mode" and you will see the other person large and yourself small. Try it out and let us know what you think!
Highlighted
New Contributor

It's awesome on the iPad. Not so awesome on a laptop, or the 52" TV in the conference room. That's the #1 complaint among my users (actually, that's the only complaint, but a frequently-repeated one).
Highlighted
New Contributor

This is a big enough issue that when our renewal is up in about a month, we may have to look at other providers. On larger screens, which we have in our conference rooms, you want the people on the other end to be the center of attention, not the camera in the room. We just had trouble with a board meeting, and a consultant who joined us via video. Not having a way to shrink the local feed, and make him the prominent video feed was frustrating.

Again, I don't understand why this hasn't been implemented. Other services offer it, so like I said, as happy as we've been overall with GoToMeeting, we may have to switch to another provider.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Same issue here- we're going to go away from Gotomeeting to another product - not being able to resize the video feed is frustrating - especially for conference rooms.

Citrix - can you advise if there is an enhancement coming (and when) which would change our minds?

Thanks.
Highlighted
New Contributor

As an FYI Robbo, WebEx does offer that ability, and is a solid alternative. Citrix has disappointed me with the lack of this feature. GoToMeeting's service is solid on the whole, but I don't get the sense this feature is coming any time soon and in the business world, it's needed if they desire their product to compete and be usable in large scale environments.

I still have a few weeks remaining on our service and am hopeful they may offer it, but given no comments have been offered here on this thread, and no recent updates have indicated it being a forthcoming feature, I am not sure.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Although I believe this is on our road map, I currently have no news as to when it will be available.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks, yes I have checked out WebEx - it looks very good alternative, and will likely meet our needs.