cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Rotate the video feed of the webcam

We have the Logitech C920.  We'd like to mount it 'upside down' on the bottom side of the HDTV that is in our conference room.  We'd like to mount it on the bottom side of the HDTV because the camera shot looks better than placing it at the top of the TV as the camera would be looking 'down' on the participants.  We feel the video looks better when it's more 'eye height'.  That said, the video feed would then be 180 degrees rotated.  Does GTM software allow the rotating of the video feel to be 'right side up'?  Logitech said that their software doesn't allow that, but a lot of 3rd party software (such as GTM) will allow the video feed to be rotated.  This would be similar if we mounted the webcam on the 'side' of the HDTV... we'd need to rotate the video feed 90 degrees.
Thanks very much!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Rotate the video feed of the webcam

https://manycam.com/ has a rotate feature, if you install it and set it as your webcam source you will be able to rotate the image. It has a lot of other features as well, some are only in the paid version though.

I should add that as Manycam is a 3rd party application, we do not provide any technical support for it. They have their own support channels should you need them.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately GoToMeeting does not have this functionality, we rely on the webcams software for any advanced settings. You would need to use a 3rd party application to flip the image and set it as the webcam source for GoToMeeting. Are you using a Windows PC or a Mac?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the reply... we're using PC.  What 3rd party software would you suggest?  Logitech doesn't have that capability in their software...

...Do you recommend another brand of webcam?   Thanks again, -Peter
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

https://manycam.com/ has a rotate feature, if you install it and set it as your webcam source you will be able to rotate the image. It has a lot of other features as well, some are only in the paid version though.

I should add that as Manycam is a 3rd party application, we do not provide any technical support for it. They have their own support channels should you need them.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Unfortunately ManyCam no longer works under GoToMeeting 10.3 on a mac. ManyCam says that GoToMeeting has been made aware and needs to make an update to their software to allow virtual cameras within GoToMeeting. Will an update from GoToMeeting be out soon to address this problem?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have a Del XPS 2-in-1 latop and at my desk I have the latop inverted. All other meeting tools I use (Zoom, Google Hangout, etc) can figure out that the camera is inverted. GoToMeeting can't. Can we get GoToMeeting to actually address this properly.

2020-04-02_10-35-42.jpg