cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimRivett
New Contributor

Save Chat Missing from new version

The new version of GoToMeeting does not allow chat logs to be saved. The old version did and users still using the old version who have rejected updates can still get the chat logs. 

Support say there are no plans to add saving chat logs in the new version (no date = no plans in my view).

Is there a way to get an old version of the client software and revert the account to the old version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Save Chat Missing from new version

Hi @TimRivett 

The new version is currently still Early Access, you should be able to switch back by signing into your account on the website, click Settings and on the next screen select GoTo App. We plan to add saving Chat logs to the new version, however we are looking at better ways to do this than just a text file saved to the individual's computer.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @TimRivett 

Your chat logs should be saved locally on the PC you hosted your broadcast from.  See this guide for where to change this: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/where-are-my-chat-logs 

TimRivett
New Contributor

@AshC that guide is for the old version of the client, the new version doesn't have anything like those settings, and support have said the new version doesn't currently save chats and there is no date for the release of it.

How a product can be released with such features is missing is beyond me.

Is there a way I revert to the old version of the software?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @TimRivett 

The new version is currently still Early Access, you should be able to switch back by signing into your account on the website, click Settings and on the next screen select GoTo App. We plan to add saving Chat logs to the new version, however we are looking at better ways to do this than just a text file saved to the individual's computer.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post