cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasVieth
New Contributor

Screen Share is crashing Windows.

Whenever I run Screen Share (anytime during) in GoToMeeting the computer crashes and restarts very quickly. The processor is hitting 85C+ when running only GoToMeeting and Screen Sharing, which does not seem sensible. The machine can run stress tests like FurMark and Cinebench without crashing so this cannot be due to the hardware overheating from extensive work.

Event Viewer provides a WHEA error just before the crash happens. Please see below for the error:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 6

The details view of this entry contains further information.

The system specifications are below:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

Gigabyte Aorus Master X570

Corsair 64GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM

AMD RX 6800XT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Screen Share is crashing Windows.

Hi @ThomasVieth, welcome to the community.

WHEA errors are typically related to hardware or driver issues, I would recommend downloading the latest drivers for your video card. If you already have the latest drivers installed you may want to check if any issues have been reported, or you could remove the drivers completely and do a fresh install of them again.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @ThomasVieth, welcome to the community.

WHEA errors are typically related to hardware or driver issues, I would recommend downloading the latest drivers for your video card. If you already have the latest drivers installed you may want to check if any issues have been reported, or you could remove the drivers completely and do a fresh install of them again.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
ThomasVieth
New Contributor

Cheers for the quick reply Glenn,

I have flashed a new BIOS for the chipset and it appears to have fixed the crashing. The BIOS was 6 months out of date so this is fair enough.

I would still like to raise a concern that screen share is still making the CPU hit 85C at occasions which is uncommon for this system, even when running benchmarks and games.