cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Screen stays white with meeting info but never shows shared screen. I can become presenter and everyone can see my screen, but not other

Others can see my screen when I am presenter.  Once presenter is passed, my screen goes white with only meeting details.  Cannot see other shared screens of the other participants.  This is using the local app, not the browser.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Screen stays white with meeting info but never shows shared screen. I can become presenter and

@psalingue  If you've already checked available Dell drivers , and this is all the built in hardware for your laptop, then it may be worth creating a case with Customer Support so that they can fully document the environment in case we're missing something.

16 REPLIES 16
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Screen stays white with meeting info but never shows shared screen. I can become presenter and everyone can see my screen, but not other

Hi Joey, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with viewing other presenters' screens. Does this happen regardless of who is presenting? Are you able to see webcams when they are shared?

New Contributor

Re: Screen stays white with meeting info but never shows shared screen. I can become presenter and everyone can see my screen, but not other

It doesnt matter who the presenter is.  Dont have webcam to test that one.  Not sure how or why it works great with the browser but not the local app.  Testing yesterday, it did work for one session, but after I closed and started new meeting, it went back to the white screen.
Highlighted

The white screen usually indicates that noone is presenting their screens. If you move the window around, does anything look odd, for example, does the white screen change colors at all?
New Contributor

When I pass the presenter role over to another user, the screen expands like its fixing to show the other shared screen but never does.  The small white window will stay but I can see like the border of the full screen.  Almost like it tries to show the shared screen but loses it. Im in tech support for my company and I remoted to the laptop having the issue and then signed into the meeting from my pc.  So I could see both sides.  I could share from the messed up computer flawlessly but as soon as I pass back to my pc, white screen stays.

Have you tried upgrading or downgrading the display adapter's drivers? What does the affected machine have for a display adapter?
New Contributor

I did check the driver, its a dell Latitude E7470 laptop with the latest video driver.  I havent tried an earlier driver.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Joey,
You can update or downgrade your Dell Drivers directly through their site here:  http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/4?app=drivers

Let us know if there is one that seems more compatible so we can make note.

New Contributor

Re: Screen stays white with meeting info but never shows shared screen. I can become presenter and

I have this same problem after the latest windows 10 update.  Did backing up the drivers to an earlier version resolve this issue?  Any help is appreciated.  I can share my webcam and people can see me but I am unable to see others shared webcams video.

Dell Latitude 5580  

LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry, @psalingue -- 

Did you go through the Dell website already to test the newest Vs. previous driver versions?

Can you confirm the GoToMeeting version as well?