cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Frequently, during the meeting we would like to share files to respective team member. It would be nice if Gotomeeting has this feature. Our current workaround is to make someone presenter just to show one file and take control back but it is not the right way,

80 Comments
mattaldridge
I just want to add my request please to have copy and paste.  The Meeting Spaces beta which Ash mentions does not help in this regard.  This is a major weakness of the tool.
cadguy1
Active Contributor
Looks like this has been on the roadmap for over 3 years. Any progress?  I've been a GoToMeeting subscriber for many years, and would really like this capability. We currently use DropBox, but I'd really like to be able to send a file securely using GoToMeeting.  Please?
cadguy1
Active Contributor
Hi Ash, Thanks for the reply.

That's an interesting approach, and I'm guessing it'll come in handy at times, but it's not much of a substitute for being able to share files on the fly. (Plus, I don't even have a "Beta" tab in my account, so I can't test it). Currently, to share a file, I need to add the file to my dropbox, copy the link to the new file, and then paste it into the chat box.

Being able to share a file directly would be a wonderful enhancement (and I hope that functionality gets back on the roadmap -- Glen's response to Kevin above from 3 years ago says that File Sharing was on the roadmap then, but it has apparently been removed -- I'd love to know why this was not deemed a useful feature...)
Alex Cherry
This is pretty basic functionality.  We're not a huge account, but we'll be moving on to another service that can provide it.  I need to send slide shows, technical documents, and the like to those that join my meetings.  Having to direct them to an additonal web page is kludgy and bad design.
Lonnie Hines
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to transfer files to the computer I'm connected do with GoToMeeting. How ....

Is file transfer between computers possible with GoToMeeting?
Kostia Khlbprs
GTM if you implement this feature, I will happily transition from Zoom back to you. Zoom has all the right features but lacks in performance and lags unlike GTM. GTM disappoints by not listening to its user base and not implementing a feature that should be as common sense as wearing socks with shoes (its a must or your uncomfortable and get sweaty). You need copy paste between host and client with screen sharing software (its a must or your uncomfortable and get sweaty).
cadguy2
Active Contributor
This really does seem like pretty basic (and essential) functionality for this type of product. I've been a GoToMeeting customer for over 12 years, and though there have been some nice enhancements along the way, I'd sure like to see something that addresses this need -- this is one of the biggest shortcomings of the software for the way I use it.  

PLEASE add this functionality!
Don Hughes
This is the thing that we miss the most.  Miss it almost every meeting.
cadguy1
Active Contributor

Bump...   Please add this!

SiNseT

Bumping a nearly 4.5 year old post.

Will this feature request ever be implemented?  Considering GTM's competition, is this on the dev team's radar at all?