cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Sending files / file sharing during the broadcast

Frequently, during the meeting we would like to share files to respective team member. It would be nice if Gotomeeting has this feature. Our current workaround is to make someone presenter just to show one file and take control back but it is not the right way,

80 Comments
paulbarnes

In gotomeeting one thing that i personally think is missing which would be a great feature add is tthe ability to add files to the meeting. so when dealing with a training issue the ability to be able to pass on the readme documents etc.

Any other wish list items for GTM

jdelapp

Adding my vote to this as well. WebEx, Connectwise, TeamViewer - most of your major competitors offer the ability to copy and paste across a remote session. Using chat is not a viable option because there's a limit to the amount of text you can paste at a given time. The fact that you don't have this basic functionality is honestly a major problem.

alexchandel

The ability to copy into a shared clipboard, and paste out of that shared clipboard, would be extremely useful for rapidly sharing text or moving it onto a shared screen.

Adam_ServicePRO

Two features that would make GoToMeeting amazing:

1. File Manager - the ability to transfer files from host to client.

2. Copy and Paste - So if I copy something while remotely controlling a PC, the contents would go to the host clipboard and client clipboard so that the host can paste that content on their PC. Very useful for getting long error messages.

mkidney

when I try to use the file share option via "send to" menu, it is not showing as an option.  can you tell me why.

Im using win10 64bit sytem

mkidney

when I try to use the file share option via "send to" menu, it is not showing as an option.  can you tell me why.

Im using win10 64bit sytem

cadguy1
Active Contributor

BUMP!  (Again!)

This has been on the roadmap for 5 (YES, FIVE) years!  Will this ever be implemented?  This would be a really useful feature (bi-directionally).  I know there is an effort to push ShareFile, but for what I want to do, it's way overkill and much more expensive than I'm willing to pay.

PLEASE add the ability to send/receive files in GoToMeeting! 

(Is anyone even actually listening?)

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello,

While this functionality is a highly requested feature, I don't personally know if it will be developed any time soon for GoToMeeting.  The functionality does exist with GoToWebinar and GoToTraining, should you need to send files to your attendees in session, and we will certainly update this Community thread should this change in the future.

oraznatac

Ive used GoToMeeting for about 8 years. It is great, but the inability to send/receive files in GoToMeeting is something I have to work around almost weekly.

cadguy1
Active Contributor

After no response on this for years, and realizing that the plan I was on cost more for fewer features than if I were a new customer (they added new features to new plans with lower prices, but kept me on the old plan), I decided to jump ship and move to a competitor with more features for a lower price.  When I called to ask about it, the person with whom I spoke was polite, but didn't seem interested in keeping me as a customer even though I'd been with them for nearly 15 years and given them thousands of dollars. So I left. 

My new solution costs less and has the ability to share files (and is actually free for 1 on 1 meetings and free for group meetings up to 40 minutes). It doesn't necessarily have all the bells and whistles that G2M does, but it has what I need.