cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Sessions downloading without pre-set filename

Hi all. I was instructed to call GoToMeeting about this issue so I called LogMeIn customer service. I was told to post here and to "be patient." No one in the office was surprised by my experience as they've all had similar ones via phone customer service.

Regardless, here I am to tell you about my issue. It seems simple to me as it was working fine a few weeks ago.

I work in a clinic where the recordings are between doctor and patient. It is my job to download the recordings and place them into the patient's file on the patient's portal so that they may review the meetings. The doctor takes the time to NAME each of the files before the meetings happen. This ensures efficiency as they are named once and remain named when they download. Then I upload each file with the sharing and downloading link to the appropriate person's file/portal. Piece of cake!

Two Mondays ago, I noticed the files downloading with a long list of numbers in place of the file name. Because of doctor/patient privilege, we (of course) wouldn't want anyone to see the wrong video. Now, to ensure that doesn't happen I have to download one video at a time, wait until it completes, rename it to match the name it has ALREADY been given and then repeat the process with each remaining video. This slows my workflow tremendously and I don't know why it has changed. 

Please revert back to the filename sticking to the downloaded file. Thank you.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Sessions downloading without pre-set filename

@bsrc-filer  We have found that this issue may not affect all web browsers, though we are addressing the Chrome problem now.

8 REPLIES 8
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I don't believe this was an intended change, but will double check with the GoToMeeting team and update this thread soon.

** If using the local recording storage instead, those file names will still represent the scheduled meeting name once converted.

Active Contributor

Hi there. Thanks, AshC. That makes sense that it wasn't an intentional change. Probably happened with an update a few weeks ago.

We are downloading directly from the Meeting History so we can provide the link to the recording both to stream or download for our patients. Like I said, it used to download the file name exactly as it had been named in the GoToMeeting interface but now it is a line of probably 25 digits and the name doesn't appear once it has downloaded.

I hope that extra information helps! Thank you. I look forward to hearing what can be done and I'm happy to work together to solve this issue. Smiley Happy

Active Contributor

GTM.PNGThis is a screenshot of the downloads bar. And the files become named as such when they finish downloading.

LogMeIn Contributor

@bsrc-filer  We have found that this issue may not affect all web browsers, though we are addressing the Chrome problem now.

Active Contributor

Thank you! I will try it in another browser to see.

Active Contributor

Hi again.

Could you provide me with an estimated time/date you expect this issue to be resolved on Chrome? 

I did try the process out on Microsoft Edge as well. It is the other browser on our workstations. Not only does the recording not download by name, it does not download at all! Instead, we are sent to a page of code-jibberish. My boss tried it as well on his workstation.

Found it more timely to continue downloading one recording at a time using Chrome, then naming each one. 

I look forward to hearing more about when you anticipate a resolution. Thanks for your help.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi,

The download failure should be addressed in the next week.

The random file name we are still investigating as to the cause and expected results.

Thanks for your patience!

Active Contributor

Thank you for the update and for your diligence on this! We appreciate your help. Smiley Happy