cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Sharing screen not working anymore on linux after chromium update

Hi every one,

Since the new release of chromium under linux/ubuntu (18.04), you cannot share your screen anymore. 

You still have the button to share screen, but when you click on it, the webcam starts... 

This bug  make gotomeeting unusable.

Did someone have the same problem?

Chromium version : 71.0.3578.80 (Build officiel) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64 bits)

GoToMeeting Pro Screensharing chromium extension version : 1.0.0.0

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Sharing screen not working anymore on linux after chromium update

@Benji1  I apologize for the difficulty there.  Unfortunately we don't do a lot of testing on Chromium specifically -- as we can only support Chrome from Google at this time.  I will report the experience to our product team to see if it can be improved.

New Contributor

Sharing of entire desktop still not Possible on the latest version of Chrome or Chromium on Ubuntu or in ChromeOS for Chromebook. Come on GoToMeeting - this is a real disadvantage - think of all the Chromebook users out there

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @SeanC1 ,

I'm running Ubuntu 19.04 with Chromium Version 74.0.3729.131  and Chrome Version 74.0.3729.157, hosting a meeting and sharing the screen or an application window is working correctly in both.  We have recently released a UI update that places 3 buttons at the bottom of your screen for sharing your Webcam, Mic or screen.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Hi Glenn

Thanks for the reply. What I'm seeing on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with Chrome Browser 74.0.3729.131 is that when I share the full screen, guests can only see a black screen and can see the mouse moving around on it - nothing else I have open on my desktop is visible. I have tried lowering the resolution, but still nothing.