cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjzq888
New Contributor

Sits at "Connecting to Audio" endlessly, audio works for other apps, audio worked previously

I have a user who used GoToMeeting with no issues previously, and suddenly it will just sit at "Connecting to audio" endlessly after he connects to the meeting.  Audio works fine for anything else; Youtube, Windows Media Player, etc.  I've tried everything I can think of and it still doesn't work.  I've checked audio permissions in Chrome (which he's using to open the link I sent for a test meeting) and it's set to Allow for Microphone and Sound.

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Sits at "Connecting to Audio" endlessly, audio works for other apps, audio worked previously

@bjzq888  Exactly which operating system is your problem Attendee utilizing?

If they're on a newer Mac OS, they will need to allow the GoTo app to access parts of the computer through the local security settings:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/why-cant-i-access-the-microphone-share-my-camera-or-share-my-s...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
bjzq888
New Contributor

Re: Sits at "Connecting to Audio" endlessly, audio works for other apps, audio worked prev

It's Windows 10.  I have checked in the Windows privacy settings and nothing is denied that I can see.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Sits at "Connecting to Audio" endlessly, audio works for other apps, audio worked prev

It sounds like there may be a firewall in play there.  Can you confirm that there isn't another application besides Windows Firewall in the background? 

bjzq888
New Contributor

The only firewall is at the router level, and other identically-configured laptops have no problems connecting to it.  I've verified that the Windows firewall is off, as well as the anti-virus firewall that is installed on it.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Are there any audio driver updates available for that machine, directly from the manufacturer's website?