cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Stream Computer Audio during a meeting.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
can I play an audio I recorded elsewhere during a live webinar?.

If I record an interview and then want to play that back during a live webinar, what are the problems I might encounter? Or, can this actually be done?
I'm in the process of planning a three-day event with all pre-recorded interviews, and I would really like to be able to do live introductions with house-keeping etc and then turn it over to the pre-recorded interview.
Any tips greatly appreciated!
LogMeIn Manager

Hi, do you use a Windows PC or a Mac?
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

I have access to either
LogMeIn Manager

This Support article is for PCs, I would recommend testing first: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US...

Highlighted
New Contributor

How is that an answer? It just proposes testing the connection, not whether people will be able to hear a recording... Confused :-(
LogMeIn Manager

Sorry, I meant follow the steps in the support article and then hold a test meeting to make sure it's working correctly before you try it live.

New Contributor

I'm going to try the Soundflower approach as well
New Contributor

As an FYI, I've tried both PC and Mac approaches in various tests and have found that, for me, the Mac solution, using Soundlfower, is the only one to work.
I am using pre-recorded interviews (mp3 format) which I can choose to play back as is or I can make a simple slideshow (Keynote and Screenflow) to play back as mp4 during the webinar.
The replay works fine, the switch from mic (a Blue Yeti) to the interview and back again is quick and easy by selecting from the mic symbol on the panel.
No sound at all was recorded using the PC Stereo Mix approach. Could not get that work even once.
The only thing I have found using Soundflower is remembering to switch back to internal speakers, otherwise I panic when I can't hear anything in the recording :-)
My suggestion, therefore, is, if it's an option, go for the Mac and Soundflower approach, but make a checklist of what you need to switch on and off when and keep an eye on the sound levels, otherwise the audience might not hear it if it's low (and you won't know because you won't hear it either, unless you have a backup machine nearby).
LogMeIn Manager

Thanks for sharing your findings Nigel, I'm sure this will help many other GoToMeeting customers.

New Contributor

I should have made it clear that I was using this in GoToWebinar, not GoToMeeting, but I don't think there should be much difference.