cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Stream Computer Audio during a meeting.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can play and show a demo, but no one can hear the audio from an mp4 or mov file....

I am playing an animated product demo. Everyone can see it, but not hear it except me as the presenter. The only way they can hear what is being said is if I call in to the conference line on my phone and hold it up to my computer's speakers
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Ian, unfortunately Macs do not have a Stereo Mix function like most PCs, so 3rd party software is needed to achieve the same result. Most Mac users have used Soundflower to do this, however that software no longer appears to be in development. I have found an alternative application http://staticz.com/ but it is a paid app. 
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

So can i use statcz to record something on Audacity and playback with quality sound on my webinar that i'm doing on Zoom?  How would I do this?
New Contributor

Re: I can't hear the audio from the movie that is playing in keynote, why?

Hi Glenn, how can you achieve this on windows? Thanks!
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Steph, this support article describes how you can do this on a Windows PC.  Please note it does depend on your PC hardware and the version of Windows you are using.

New Contributor

Glenn,

I just found this article and have the same question, but for Windows 10.  I've been playing with it now for a couple of hours, but can't seem to get it to operate.  I am the meeting presenter (for tonight) and have a video that I want to show my students, but last week when I tried it, they could hear me, but not the video.  Can you help?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Kyle, being able to transmit the audio from your computer into the conference call on a GoToMeeting depends on your computer. Some have the StereoMix option and some need to use audio patch cables to feed the Stereo Out back into the computer. Both methods are explained in this support article:  Plaing Audio From A Desktop

New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PowerPoint presentation no sound?.

Hi, I am running a GoToMeeting and trying to run a powerpoint presentation with background music, the attendees can hear me talking, but can not hear the music from the Powerpoint, the music is coming through my headphones but no attendees can hear it. thanks
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Sarah, depending on what operating system you have, this can be resolved with some tweaking.

On a mac:

1. Install a utility called "SoundFlower" (http://cycling74.com/products/soundfl...
2. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences 
3. From the System Preferences window click on the Sound icon 
4. Click on the Output tab/button and select "Soundflower (2 ch)" 
5. Start a GoToMeeting meeting 
6. In the GTM interface, click on the microphone icon and, from the menu that appears, select "Soundflower (2 ch)" 

On Windows, please see this article for several options that are available.

Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Playing an audio file loop before starting a session.

I like to pull up my first slide and start the session at least 10-15 minutes early while folks a logging in. At that time I have my mike muted. Is there a way to play some kind of a sound clip ie. " Thanks for joining us, you have joined successfully, , the facilitator will be with you shortly"

Regards,
Jim