cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Audio from PowerPoint presentation can't be heard on GoToMeeting session

I have a PowerPoint presentation that has video and/or audio clips.   Attendees cannot hear the audio.  When will this issue be resolved?

New Contributor

Gotomeeting audio question

Hello!
Is it possible to have a conference call going AND share a video on the computer that has audio at the same time?
Do I need to sign up (pay) for this option?  I cannot make it work.
Thanks in advance,

Michelle 

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Gotomeeting audio question

@michellereck  The referenced support document on this thread indicates that it is possible to play desktop audio/sounds if you have the correct hardware setup, but is not possible on some computer systems.

Regarding the voiceover part, you can still dial in on a telephone to one of the assigned numbers for your GoToMeeting, however you would skip the PIN request by pressing the pound key again to bypass it (PINs are only assigned when your desktop/mobile app has selected telephone as the audio source).

New Contributor

Re: I can't hear the audio from the movie that is playing in keynote, why?

The suggested solution is for a PC. I'm on a Macbook Pro. Suggestions, please?

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: I can't hear the audio from the movie that is playing in keynote, why?

@lbrown1179  The hardware solution referenced in the original thread works on both Windows and Mac computers.  However, most newer hardware being manufactured today does not offer a 3.5 mm Audio In/Out jack to create the external audio loop. 

I don't have any updates unfortunately around desktop Video Streaming returning to GoToMeeting, though it is being discussed.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Presenting audio back from a PowerPoint over a call

Hi,

When you play videos embedded in powerpoint over Goto it doesn't seem to transfer.

Any ideas how to do this on Windows 10?

https://support.logmeininc.com/gototraining/help/can-i-broadcast-my-computer-audio-to-meeting-partic...

These instructions don't have Windows 10

Thanks!

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Presenting audio back from a PowerPoint over a call

@Quad1  I'm afraid not all hardware will have the same setup options needed to play internal audio through GoToMeeting.  We are however, working on ways to improve desktop video sharing in future software upgrades.

New Contributor

Thanks, this would be huge. Can you recommend best setup for Windows right now?

LogMeIn Contributor

If you have hardware that allows for auxiliary audio input and output (separate jacks), then you can still create an audio loop (external) without the need for the old Windows mixer settings (when selecting VoIP audio). 

Alternatively, you may dial in from a telephone and hold it near the PC's speaker, depending on how strong the volume levels are.

New Contributor

Ah I don't have two inputs unfortunately