cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mecalleddan
New Contributor

Streaming Audio from Mac to Meeting

Hi

I have read the other articles regarding stereo mixing and cabling from Headphones to Mic socket and I have that set up. However I need to play some videos with music and not always voice. It seems to be treating it as background noise and cutting out. How can I turn off this feature during playing these videos.

Thanks

Dan

Mac OS 10.15.3 - GoToMeetingPro

8 REPLIES 8
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Streaming Audio from Mac to Meeting

Hi Dan, 

Can you say exactly how you play those videos with voice compared to music?  If this is coming from yourself have you tried dialing into the integrated GoToMeeting audio via telephone before switching to VoIP, and keeping that telephone line muted until needed?  

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Mecalleddan
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply....
I am screen sharing my laptop screen to play the video. However the video doesn’t have consistent speech and will often have music. This music doesn’t play to the connected users as it doesn’t show me as “talking”.

I am no sure what you are referring to with “integrated audio”

Thanks
Dan
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

If you have set up the external audio loop, then any sound coming through the speaker jack goes back into the microphone jack.  This method should work universally, where as changing the stereo mix options internally may have some unforeseen results. 

Does the music play from the same program on your computer?  What happens when you plug in a headset or speaker system? 

In some cases you could also buy some hardware in order to transfer the computer audio into a telephone line. 

Mecalleddan
New Contributor

I have looped the headphone jack to audio in. I have also tried using software to mix the output but it’s very patchy. Sometimes it passes the music through to the meeting and others it cuts it out.

It’s playing using QuickTime on a Mac. The hardware is fine. Connecting speaker or headphones results in perfect sound. But it simply won’t send it properly to the meeting.

I have read that VOIP is optimised for speak and detecting who is speaking and cancelling background noise. It feels like the GoToMeeting app is trying to cancel out the music thinking it’s background noise.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

One other option could be to hook up an audio transfer device to the phone, or use a VoIP phone app that can play local audio files to the GoToMeeting phone conference line. 

Mecalleddan
New Contributor

Hi Ash

Thanks for your replies. I don’t think I am explaining myself properly. I am playing different videos via screen sharing. If the video has speech in it. It is broadcast perfectly. If however the video just has a segment of music it cuts out frequently. The issue doesn’t appear to be related to hardware or setup but seems to be a software issue.
Thanks
Dan
mattegg
Visitor

You are not alone, I have the same issue. It seems impossible to stream music as it always mutes the microphone and seems to filter out hte notes makign it sound terrible. I experimented with zoom and it works perfectly with my setup so its definitely gotomeeting doing something.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

We have a new feature coming soon that will allow the transfer of audio from the desktop through GoToMeeting VoIP.  Stay tuned for the release date here:   https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-News/bg-p/GoToMeeting-Release-Notes