cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Super Slow Audio Recorded

Hi,

I've got a call that moves at the normal speed but  the audio is so super slow on play back that it can't be understood. 

Is there a fix for this? 

Thanks, 

Rosie 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Super Slow Audio Recorded

Hi @RS2

Can you please provide some more information? Did you make the recording on a Windows PC or a Mac? Is this a local recording file on your computer or an online recording in your account?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Glen,

Windows PC. 

Recorded through GTM on the phone.

I think it got messed up during the conversion. 

Thanks for your help.

Rosie

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Rosie

If you have the original recording file still on the PC that you hosted the GoToMeeting from, then you may be able to manually change the extension name from .gtm to .wmv, and see if your media player will recognize the format.

(VLC is one free media player that can do this if the file is not already corrupt)

Also, when you host new meetings on the same PC, do those recording files convert successfully? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Ash

You're AWEOME!! 

It worked and I'm so glad!!

THANK YOU!

LogMeIn Contributor

That's great news, Rosie!

If that worked, then you may be able to re-convert the original recording file with the GoToMeeting software, by making a copy of the file, and taking that to the folder where you have set to store the originals.  Once this is complete, then the GoToMeeting converter tool may be able to recognize them, and offer a conversion to take place.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am experiencing a very similar situation

GoToMeeting Version1.0.334 Build f05306

Windows 10

Recorded with Computer Audio and Phone

The normal process that I follow usually works without error.

(Start session in GoToMeeting, Select Record Session, Conduct Meeting, End Recording, End GoToMeeting, Convert Recording to mp4 with GTM Recording Manager, Edit resulting mp4 file in video editor.)

This time the audio was slowed down, the delay causing significant alteration to my voice (deeper and slower).

(Sound of voice when television shows obscure the hidden witness's voice, for example)

Curiously, the GTM recording before and the GTM recording after worked fine. My voice is normal.

If the file has converted from the g2m format to mp4 , is it deleted or is it stored in a temporary file somewhere?

I don't see many ways to adjust / fine-tuning recordings within GoToMeeting.  I am curious what setting could have been used to cause the change in recording behaviour, if any?

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @SF_Rob,

The original .g2m file is moved to a folder called Original which is located in your Documents folder. If you copy it back into your Document folder you will be able to convert it again.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!