cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

The Connection Failed Please check your internet connection and try again

We are getting issues while using GTM with our clients. The error message " The connection failed please check your internet connection and try again" 
An Organizer has ended the meeting and Go To Meeting will now exit.

This is causing a very big problem as we could not establish connection with our customers. 

We have 18 GTM ids in use. 

T.A.Srinivasan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: I am able to connect to the test meting but unable to connect to an actual meeting.

Hi Charlie,
[UPDATED]  This error message invariably indicates a local or network block of the GoTo application reaching LogMeIn servers.  Each GoToMeeting ID may connect to a slightly different IP address, though they remain in a static group of ranges which you can access on our support site:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-configure-gotomeeting-to-work-with-firewalls-g2m09000...

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am able to connect to the test meting but unable to connect to an actual meeting.

I am able to connect to the test meeting but unable to connect to an actual meeting. The error that I get is "Connection Failed - GoToMeeting - The connection failed. Please check your internet connection and try again."  I am on an open and unrestricted internet.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: I am able to connect to the test meting but unable to connect to an actual meeting.

Hi Charlie,
[UPDATED]  This error message invariably indicates a local or network block of the GoTo application reaching LogMeIn servers.  Each GoToMeeting ID may connect to a slightly different IP address, though they remain in a static group of ranges which you can access on our support site:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-configure-gotomeeting-to-work-with-firewalls-g2m09000...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

I went through these settings with one of our system admins and they have all been checked in the past.  We have successfully done meeting with other vendors through GoToMeeting without a problem.  Could it be something on the meeting organizer's end that isn't setup properly?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Charlie,
Who host each meeting and where they host from are not going to be relative to your connection success as a participant, because all broadcasts stream through the same set of static IP address'.

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: We are getting The Connection Failed Please check your internet connection and try again

Hi T.A.,
I am sorry for the connection failure there.

Since the problem began, have you checked your local or network firewalls to ensure our files and IPs are still cleared for activity?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: We are getting The Connection Failed Please check your internet connection and try again

The problem happens when we try to connect with our customers via GTM. So you want us to check our local or network firewalls. If yes then what files and IP's we need to check?

T.A.Srinivasan
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, even when this error appears only sometimes it can be related to a local or network firewall setting.

Here's a reference point to start from:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/how-do-i-configure-gotomeeting-to-work-with-firewall...

Highlighted
New Contributor

We have 18 GTM id's and we are facing this issue randomly at any of the ID's. Do you still want my IT folks to check the settings based on the link that you gave in the earlier reply.

T.A.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, there are instructions for configuring an entire domain there, as well as local firewall settings.  The IP range will be very important to whitelist completely.