cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Unable to create a new meeting

Hello

We have some issues creating a new meeting.  When we initiate the process of creating a new meeting, we have "the meeting is starting" and then just the spinning wheel. The process do not finalize properly, and we have an error as "the connection failed, please check your internet connection and try again"

1 - We modified our firewall rule so this particular desktop can reach the internet wihtout any filtering or proxies. We have the same behaviour of an non-ending process. 

2 - we tested the connection using the g2mconnectionwizard.exe application and all seems fine. non error reported.

3 - If a new meeting is initiated using an external connection, so out of our public IP range, it is working fine. then a computer inside our network can join the meeting without any issue. 

Question: what could block the process of initiating a new meeting from an internal desktop ? Do you have any IP filtering process on your side ? It just stopped working recently (one or two days ago) without beeing triggered by any firewall or desktop OS modification or updates.

Thank you for the answer. Have a great day

Thierry

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unable to create a new meeting

Hello,

It sounds like some of our IPs are being blocked, but not all.  We do not have an IP filtering process for customers, so you would want to reach out to your firewall provider referencing our entire list of IP ranges for LMI services:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/optimal-firewall-configuration-g2m060010

Highlighted
New Contributor

The connection failed. Please check your internet connection and Try again

GoToMeeting has a connection failed issue, while i follow up the the following link, share by support and community, but I am not pretty sure what is the range of GoToMetting, Is that that a standard range. We are using Cisco ASA firewall, if someone share the exact steps of configuring will be appreciated.

https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/optimal-firewall-configuration-g2m060010

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: The connection failed. Please check your internet connection and Try again

Hi @Texas1 ,

You may also find this document useful with regards to LMI whitelisting: https://support.logmeininc.com/rescue/faq/whitelisting-and-logmein-000055442

When it comes to configuring a specific firewall like yours, I would lean on Cisco KBs for the details:  https://community.cisco.com/t5/firewalls/asa-5510-configuration-for-gotomeeting-com/td-p/1571010

Highlighted
New Contributor

Unable to start or join a gotomeeting

Anyone else having issues with their GoTo Meetings not working?  Trying to run a meeting and client can't login to meeting.  Keeps getting "check internet connection." 

Tags (2)
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: GoTo Meeting not working

happening the same to me

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

I apologize for any frustration, due to the current Covid-19 situation we are experiencing a huge increase in customers hosting meetings. While our systems are able to cope with the increased demand, there have been some service issues caused by large numbers of customers all trying to start or join meetings at the same time, typically at the start of the hour.  

Here are some things you can do:

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

We are repeatedly getting busy signals when trying to join by telephone.  Is this for the same reason?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unable to start or join a gotomeeting

@JennieMARC  You should not be hearing busy signals when dialing a GoTo integrated audio conference line.  If this should continue, please let us know what phone lines are being dialed, and if you hear the same thing through different telecom providers.

^AC

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Unable to start or join a gotomeeting

My team is using Go To Meeting, after having just signed up for the service last week. We are repeatedly getting busy signals with the toll numbers provided. What should we do?