Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Transcription Service Is Experiencing A Problem

Many of our recordings have this message:

Capture.GIF

Looks like our transcription service is experiencing a problem. Please try
again.

Clicking the try again link does nothing. 

What causes this issue and how is it resolved>?

13 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Transcription Service Is Experiencing A Problem

@JohnM12  Sorry, that error message should not appear frequently.

Was your broadcast entirely in English?

Was each meeting hosted from the same device + network?

Active Contributor

Yes, all in English and from the same device and network.

Does this happen when there are too many transcription errors?

We have 1 user that has this recording on all of her recordings, another that is about 66% of the time, others don't seem to get this error at all. We are all on the same network and using the same model of laptop computer. 

LogMeIn Contributor

@JohnM12  It can happen infrequently, but should not be happening all the time. 

Would you be able to test a new GoToMeeting recording now, from the same network?

If not, could you test a new recording from a different network?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Yep, I can create a new recording now. Anything specific that you'd like me to do\try?
LogMeIn Contributor

@JohnM12  We are interested to confirm that the Transcripts functionality is working for new recordings on your account.  If not, then we'd like to fully document your work environment through a call to our Support group.

Active Contributor

Sorry for the delay. I've been looking for a common denominator with this issue. Some of our presenters are on-site (corporate network), others at remote sites (private internet service with corporate VPN connection), some use headsets, some use speaker mic's... lots of variable indeed, yet none of these pointed back to the error message that we are seeing.

Then this morning I believe that I found this issue... the length of the session\recording. What I found is that any meeting equal to or over 175 minutes displays the message as seen in my original post. Meetings less than 175 minutes all have the transcription displayed:

image.png

So, is there a know time limit and, if so, is it the recording time (not including pauses in the recording) or the total meeting time?

Thanks

LogMeIn Contributor

@JohnM12  Thanks, John.  We have a ticket up for this issue now, and expect a full resolution soon.  When complete, we will update this thread with more info.

Active Contributor

Thanks, I appreciate this.
At this point do you know the answer to my last question: Is it the recording time or the total meeting time that needs to be kept to <175 minutes? I would like to be able to tell my team for their planning

Thanks
LogMeIn Contributor

@JohnM12  It should be the actual recording time / file size in our database that causes the issue.