cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Trying to connect a Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB audio interface.... No input.

Trying to connect a Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB audio interface to a webinar. GTM recognizes the input and allows me to select it. However, no audio is detected. This works for all other applications; Hangouts, Zoom, etc. I Am on a mac.
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Trying to connect a Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB audio interface.... No input.

Hi Kevin,
Sorry about that.
After looking at some of the specs on that device, I believe it is too advanced for GoToMeeting to work with directly.  Under normal circumstances, GoToMeeting is looking for a built-in microphone, or a plug-n-play device connected via USB or 3.5 mm cable.

New Contributor

Re: Trying to connect a Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB audio interface.... No input.

This is a class compliant (plug and play) device that connects via USB...
New Contributor

Wondering how you propose people connect audio through a mixer (for presentations) into gotmeeting for remote attendees.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Kevin,
At this time we don't offer support for this audio connection type, however, some users have found luck experimenting with various converters.  I just would not recommend this unless you already had some around, because buying additional unsupported hardware cannot only become expensive but is also hit or miss.

New Contributor

Thanks for your response, however I am very surprised to hear that you offer no such solution for users that require professional audio to be routed through GTM. Perhaps Google Hangouts or Zoom is a better solutions for these types of scenarios? 
Respected Contributor

Hey Kevin

It should work.

Have you been able to use this Focusrite to get audio into the computer for anything other than GoToWebinar?

The dial on the Scarlett lights up when you speak into the mic?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Is this still a problem? A few months ago I tried to get GoToWebinar to recognize a USB Mixer (which I have a dynamic mic connected to) and it wouldn't. I really don't understand how GTW doesn't support these interfaces - it's how most people record any audio that needs to sound halfway decent. 

Has this been fixed?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @toddharris,

Try adjusting the device properties in Windows (if that is what you are using). Others using similar devices have found adjusting the sample rate etc made the device visible to GoToMeeting.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

We have a Focusrite Clarett 8-Pre and are having similar connectivity issues. We can get GoToMeeting/Webinar to recognize the device, but it only accepts 1 channel and it has to be running at 96hz or else the audio is choppy - which is odd because GoToWebinar only supports 44.1 or 48hz.   

The way we worked around the issue was to send a monitor signal from the interface to an older usb mixer that is only 2/stereo channel output - Allen & Heath ZED10FX. At this point the Clarett interface is basically just an aggregate devise for more channels.