cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharvey_demodia

Unable to share screen since upgrading to Big Sur

Hi all,

Since upgrading to the latest MacOS Big Sur, none of our team are able to use the screen share function from the desktop app. It just continually says, "waiting for next screen" in the share box. I initially thought this was to do with the Privacy settings, but we've removed and re-added the GTM application and it makes no difference.

Has anyone else got this problem, or have you managed to get GTM working with Big Sur?

Thanks

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: mac os big sur

Hello everyone,

We believe this behavior is being caused specifically by launching the meeting through Chrome web browsers.  If you were to utilize Safari or another alternate then you should receive the correct GoTo interface. 

I expect a fix for this behavior in the next GoTo release, and thank you for your patience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
chiaradestefani

mac os big sur

I use a MAchintosh upgraded into Mac Os Big Sur 11.1

Since I made the upgrade, I cn't use Go to meeting anymore, I can't share my screen and I can't download go to meeting because it doesn't recognize the new system.

Anyone with this problem?

ms20020201
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to share screen since upgrading to Big Sur

Yes - I am having the same issue. I hope someone has a solution for this.
orendi84
Active Contributor

Same issue here with the M1 Macbook Air. 

I guess the solution will be the availability of GTM on Big Sur, because currently it is not supported... 😞 

goto75
Active Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem.  If I start my own meeting, it seems ok, but when I join others and they give me presenter view, I get a "waiting for next screen" message and no one can see anything.

ms20020201
Active Contributor

So, I spoke to the support folks, where a very nice support agent looked at my system and helped me as best as she could.  The situation is this - 

1. It is a known issue and they are hopefully going to fix it soon.

2. In the meantime, using Chrome browser ONLY (this will NOT work on Safari as per her), you can do the following - 

- Open an incognito window/ tab on Chrome

- Go to https://app.gotomeeting.com

- Enter the meeting number in the form you get

This will get your meeting started.  This meeting will allow you to share your screen - and also close the session at the end (I was having trouble closing a GTM session as well, after the Big Sur upgrade).

She told me LogMeIn folks will let people like us know when they have fixed the issue.  I can only hope they will let us all know.

Hope this workaround works for at least some of you.

goto75
Active Contributor

Thanks ms20020201, this worked for me!  I'd of course rather use the desktop native app, but it's great to be able to share again.

BMRIdeas
Active Contributor

Same issue here.  Thanks so much for chasing down the answer!

Boutcher
New Contributor

Same here... App being shared shows a proper blue box around it "GoToMeeting Is Showing This Application", but the screen share preview shows "Waiting for next screen", ... and nobody can see anything.
RedRockMatt
Active Contributor

Having the same problem here. Called GTM Tech Support this morning. Checked the permissions in my System Preferences and deleted an old GTM app (that wasn't in use). The GTM app seemed to be working with the Technician.

Immediately thereafter, I checked it with one of my coworkers and it didn't work again. I just keep getting a message that says "Waiting for next screen." Here's what I am seeing:

GTM-problem.png