cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goto75
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to share screen since upgrading to Big Sur

@RedRockMatt That's exactly the same issue we all are facing.  When I've been in 1:1 meetings that I've created, I've been able to share, but I haven't been so lucky in other group meetings.  I assume that's what happened with you and the tech.  The incognito web approach listed above definitely works... however if you want a desktop meeting experience on Big Sur (with screen sharing), right now that seems like it's still not possible with GTM.  

RedRockMatt
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to share screen since upgrading to Big Sur

Update: I have confirmed I have the same problem with GoToWebinar. I'm presenting to 80 people tomorrow. I have switched to an older Mac that is running Catalina, and everything works fine. It's frustrating to use a 6-year-old Mac Mini instead of my 2-year-old MacBook Pro. I am hoping that LogMeIn will fix this problem soon.   

GlennD : Can we get an update on whether this problem has been acknowledged and is being worked on? 

RedRockMatt
Active Contributor

Re: mac os big sur

Yes, there is a whole thread on this topic. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello everyone,

We believe this behavior is being caused specifically by launching the meeting through Chrome web browsers.  If you were to utilize Safari or another alternate then you should receive the correct GoTo interface. 

I expect a fix for this behavior in the next GoTo release, and thank you for your patience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
RedRockMatt
Active Contributor

@AshC  Thank you. I just tested this by switching my default browser from Chrome to Safari. Seems to work now. Really appreciate the help -- this was really affecting my work life. 

RedRockMatt
Active Contributor

@AshC Would you mind posting up here when the issue is fixed with Google Chrome so I can switch it back to my default browser? Thank you!

pdgessler

I had the same problem launching a webinar from Chrome after updating my Mac to Big Sur. My microphone still worked but I was unable to share my screen, both of which had previously worked in Catalina.

I tried toggling Screen Recording permissions off and back on again (at System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy) and rejoining a webinar, but unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem.

Then I found this post, which sounded promising as a workaround. I tried launching the webinar through Safari and it allowed me to share the screen, but not my microphone. Now when I go back to launching from Chrome, I still can't share my screen. But now even the microphone doesn't work. I can see the level meter move when I talk, so the mic is working and GoToMeeting can see it. But no sound is sent to the other participants in the webinar.

Any suggestions on how I can get back to at least being able to share sound? Even if I have to wait for the next GoTo release for screen-sharing to work again.

BMRIdeas
Active Contributor

I have found that a meeting started or entered via Firefox 83.0 (64-bit) works.  My experience now is that even using the web app, if launched from Chrome I cannot use the microphone anymore.

Pmadan

macOS Big Sur 11.1, not able to share screen

with latest update of Big Sur 11.1, I am not able to share screen and record it. 

Any update would be helpful.

Thanks,

RedRockMatt
Active Contributor

@AshC  Just checking in on this. Having Safari as my default browser has fixed the problem but impedes my general workflow efficiency, since all my accounts are setup on Chrome. Any update on whether the problem has been fixed and we can switch back to having Chrome as the default browser on Macs with Big Sur?