cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1parkplace

Mac users unable to share screen LATEST version

Suddenly I am unable to get my users to share their screens even after granting System Preferences permissions. They get the share screen popup and select their main screen and hit share and then they get a "Waiting for next screen" message.

Apparently they can get it to work as long as they launch the meeting through Safari, which makes no sense. Both users that were unable to share their screens were able to do so after launching through Safari... but this is WHILE running the desktop version, NOT the web GTM.

WTF?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: mac os big sur

If your account has been assigned GoToMeeting build 10.15.19142 or higher, then this issue is fully resolved.  Chrome, Safari, and Firefox will launch the correct software version.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BMRIdeas
Active Contributor

When is this being released? The current version I am able to download is still just Version 10.14.0 Build 18962

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

It is currently being rolled out to all customers.  If you are a member of a larger corporate account then you may be last in line for the upgrade, as we tend to wait until administrators are prepared to alert their entire team about the changes.

RedRockMatt
Active Contributor

@AshC Can you update the downloadable version? Your download page is still providing the older version, 10.14.0 Build 18962.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @RedRockMatt  

The version of GoToMeeting you end up using is set on your account, so if you have been enabled for the latest version and start a GoToMeeting if it is not already installed on your computer it will download and install first and then the meeting will start. I took a look at your account and it is set to the latest version 10.15 so if you start a GoToMeeting that is what should launch and anyone joining your meeting will also be on that version.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
RedRockMatt
Active Contributor

@GlennD Thanks for looking into this. Am I doing something wrong? I use GTM 2-8 times daily for meetings. Probably half of those, I am the organizer/host. I just fired up the desktop app and it's still the older version. And I do have preferences set to automatically update.  

Here is what I am seeing: 

GTM.jpg

RedRockMatt
Active Contributor

@GlennD Nevermind -- I found a link in the Support section to download the latest version of the Mac desktop app. So I downloaded it and now my version of the app is 10.15.0 Build 19228. I'm going to try switching my default browser back to Chrome and see if the problem is fixed. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Mac users unable to share screen LATEST version

@1parkplace   I apologize for the difficulty there.  Could you please confirm the GoToMeeting software version in use on the problem Apple computers?  10.15 is the most current version, which should account for the needed security permissions before screen sharing is allowed.

ePatientDave

The "next version" fix was promised on Dec 10, seven weeks ago.  Update please?  We're really suffering out here - just had three successive speakers fail to share. 

Meeting organizer said "That's it - we're accelerating our move to Zoom."  😞