cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaelEVS
New Contributor

Unable to share webcam - Epiphan SDI2USB 3.0

Hello,
I'm not able to share my webcam using the desktop app or the web app of gotomeeting

In the web app, I can see the preview of my webcam but if I want to share it, nothing happens for a few seconds, then I got a message saying 'Stopped sharing your camera - We apologize, but we're experienceing difficultoes with the video conference and are no longer able to share your camera'. I have to say that it sometimes works but I haven't figured out why...

In the desktop app, in the options, I can't preview my camera. There is a message saying 'Failed to initialize your webcam'. And if I want to share it, the error message says ' Unable to share webcam - Your webcam is already in use. Please close all other application...'

When using my integrated wabcam, I have no problem in the desktop app only.

I'm using a epiphan SDI2USB grabber.
I have no problem using my camera with other desktop application or web app (vMix Call, OBS Ninja, Jitsi, ...)

I'm on Windows 10

Drivers are up to date

I did try to restart my computer before starting the meeting

I've try to go thru OBS and use the virtual webcam but I got the same issue.

Any help is welcome

Gaël

4 REPLIES 4
Joshua Bennett
New Contributor

Re: Unable to share webcam - Epiphan SDI2USB 3.0

Reporting the same here - specifically using the "OBS Virtual Camera". I'm using a Kiyo USB camera which can be detected by itself, but our team is using OBS and it's Video/Chromakey features.
OrignlCIn
Visitor

Reporting similar issue for Cam Link 4  from Elgato. It worked last week and now I keep getting a Webcam already in Use message. This happens immediately after reboot when absolutely no other applications are in use.  Occurs in both GotoMeeting and GoToWebinar. The camera works fine in both Zoom and Micrsosoft teams so it is not a webcam issue.  I have also disabled an auto start of any program that may use a webcam.  My standard laptop webcam does work in GTM and GTW, but I do not want to use the built in webcam.

Running up to date Windows 10 software.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

For those having difficulty broadcasting with this webcam, have you been able to test the GoToMeeting Web App instead of the desktop app? 

Web App reference guide for Organizers: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/host-a-meeting-online-web-app-g2m090008

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Joshua Bennett
New Contributor

No difference for me @AshC 
I start the meeting with OBS running and the Virtual Camera selected - still just spinning.
Same responseSame response