cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ch111man
New Contributor

User can host meetings, can't join meetings

I have a user who can successfully host his own meetings, but cannot join other peoples' meetings. I've un/reinstalled GoTo Connect and GoToMeeting, but beyond this I'm at a loss. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: User can host meetings, can't join meetings

@ch111man   Can you tell us what operating system this user joins GoToMeeting with? 

Are there specific errors they encounter? 

Is there a firewall present that may be blocking access to certain IP ranges? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ch111man
New Contributor

Thanks for the response! Windows 10 is the OS. No errors whatsoever, GoToMeeting merely freezes when trying to join someone else's meeting. Windows Defender Firewall is in play.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ch111man  Windows Defender shouldn't be causing a problem, but just in case you might want to have them reference this document:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/optimal-firewall-configuration-g2m060010 

If GoToMeeting isn't displaying a failed connection error, and is just freezing, we may need error logs from the endpoint software of the problem PC in order to find the culprit.  You may want to instruct them to call into Customer Support so we can fully document the issue further. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ch111man
New Contributor

I worked with the user and temporarily turned off the firewall, with the same results. I'll contact customer support for further guidance. Thank you for trying to help!