cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Using Cronofy to Link GoToMeeting with Exchange Room Mailboxes

My firm just signed on for GoToMeeting and I'm getting our calendars linked up through Cronofy.

The instrucstions were a little difficult to parse but I managed to get a result that works... mostly; which brings me to the reason for posting:

One of my RoomMailbox accounts are not showing up.

I created a broad management scope for all room mailboxes as seen below:

New-ManagementScope -Name "ConferenceRoomMailboxes" -RecipientRestrictionFilter {RecipientTypeDetails -eq "RoomMailbox"}

I then added it to my service account for application impersonation:

New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Name:GoToRoom-ExchangeResourceCalendars -Role:ApplicationImpersonation -User:gotomeeting-account1 -CustomRecipientWriteScope:"ConferenceRoomMailboxes"

When I linked it to Cronofy, GoToMeeting was able to display a list of calendars, but some of them are missing. Notably one that I need to use.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: Using Cronofy to Link GoToMeeting with Exchange Room Mailboxes

I found the solution.

I compared two mailbox accounts from within the Active Directory Users and Computers tool - where one was successfully passed through Cronofy and the other was not successfully passed through Cronofy. In AD, with Advanced mode turned on I viewed the Attribute Editor and compared fields.

I found a few attribue fields which were either set or not set across the two accounts, but the one field which I think resovled the problem was named "textEncodedORAddress".  This field appears to start with an "X400:" and then is followed by five variables in this format: "C=;P=;O=;S=;"

The variable that I am confident in relaying information for are:
"C=;" appears to be looking for a two digit country code.

"S=;" is looking for the SAM Account Name of the mailbox you are working on.
Regarding "P=;" and "0=;" there appears to be some company related identifying information, you will probably find the correct info if you reference exactly what is entered in a functional mailbox account.

Capture2.PNG

After modifying these account attributes I logged into the GoToMeeting dachboard admin center and checked my listed calendars to find, pleasantly, that the needed conference room was now listed.

6 REPLIES 6
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Are you specifically using GoToConference for the purpose of integrating your calendar?  In this case, first authorize Cronofy Enterprise Connect to integrate your calendar.  That's the only integration I believe we currently offer for Cronofy.  Otherwise, our API calls are all standardized for every vendor to use:  https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/content/gotomeeting-api-reference

Active Contributor

Unfortunately the link you provided isn't proving to be helpful. Step 1 already contains an instruction that doesn't exist -- when logging into the admin center at https://admin.logmeininc.com there is no "install app" button to click, as instructed. (See Image) -- beyond that we are not using Gsuite - just a locally hosted Exchange server.

Capture2.PNG

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Now to answer the question - we are specifically using GoToRoom for the purpose of integrating our room resource calendars.

I already have a set of processes that results in *some* of the calendars coming through but not all of them.

To restate for clarity - I created a new service account with a user mailbox and applied the impersonation role to it. I used a scope limitation to reduce the scope to all "room mailboxes" as seen in the original post. Then I used Cronofy through GoToRoom to enter the relevant information. In the GoToRoom dashboard this results in some of the calendars coming through perfectly fine - but a large number of them are nowhere to be seen.

For instance - we have ten room calendars available in the Exchange OWA "resources" tab.  Five rooms are being passed through to the GoToRoom system.
I have one idea for a differentiating factor. To my knowledge the ones that are not working were created by use of the GUI after we upgraded to Exchange 2013. The ones that are working were already in existence prior to our upgrade, and were likely created by some means while on a prior version of Exchange.

LogMeIn Contributor

You have probably already seen this LMI guide: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/integrate-office-365-or-microsoft-exchange-calendars... -- but if not take a look. There are some references to MS documentation around Exchange versions, and there may be further updates from MS themselves about what specifically was recently updated.  Otherwise, we may need to create a case through Customer Care in order escalate some logs to the proper team.

Active Contributor

Thanks for pointing that guide out - you are correct to assume I've already referenced it.

Active Contributor

I found the solution.

I compared two mailbox accounts from within the Active Directory Users and Computers tool - where one was successfully passed through Cronofy and the other was not successfully passed through Cronofy. In AD, with Advanced mode turned on I viewed the Attribute Editor and compared fields.

I found a few attribue fields which were either set or not set across the two accounts, but the one field which I think resovled the problem was named "textEncodedORAddress".  This field appears to start with an "X400:" and then is followed by five variables in this format: "C=;P=;O=;S=;"

The variable that I am confident in relaying information for are:
"C=;" appears to be looking for a two digit country code.

"S=;" is looking for the SAM Account Name of the mailbox you are working on.
Regarding "P=;" and "0=;" there appears to be some company related identifying information, you will probably find the correct info if you reference exactly what is entered in a functional mailbox account.

Capture2.PNG

After modifying these account attributes I logged into the GoToMeeting dachboard admin center and checked my listed calendars to find, pleasantly, that the needed conference room was now listed.