Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

View speaker notes in PowerPoint when using one monitor

0 Kudos

View speaker notes in PowerPoint when using one monitor

When using PowerPoint, if you have multiple monitors, you can designate a monitor to view your speaker notes, and the other one (geared for the audience) would only see the slide deck. With only one monitor, you cannot view your speaker notes. I would like to think that if I am presenting a gotomeeting, there are multiple monitors involved. It would be a great patch if the gotomeeting module counted as a virtual monitor so I could designate my monitor shows the speaker notes while the audience only saw the presentation. I know, I can print the notes or view them on another device... I am just saying, this addition to gotomeeting would be very convenient.

22 Comments
Kahmoon

Is there another workaround? Our teachers need this kinda badly 😞

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Kahmoon

Are they using Windows PCs or Macs? The problem is when you put Powerpoint in this mode it expects you to have a projector or 2nd screen of some kind connected. If you are using a computer with a single screen there is going to be a problem. 

Kahmoon

Its on a mac notebook (but this problem is also on windows)

Workspace with second Monitor is working fine (Mac + Win). Only one screen laptop is showing white screen.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. Unfortunately, if you have a single screen there is no way to use Presenter mode and share the Slideshow. In similar screen sharing situations in the past it was possible to trick the computer into thinking a display was connected by just connecting a cable, but that is not working with the current MacBooks.

Kahmoon

Hmm **bleep**... 😞

Any plans on this for future updates?

Wade_N
New Contributor
Is this rectangle screen share still available? When I enable the labs feature, I am not given an option to select a rectangle in the screen share options
adsuper7
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: New

Status update: This feature is not currently planned to be included in our roadmap for this year. We will continue to keep the Idea open for comments and kudos, as we believe that your feedback plays a vital role in shaping our product. Your suggestions and support are highly appreciated, and we encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts and ideas with us.