cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Di4Resume
New Contributor

Virtual Background for Webcams

I am a Mac user & was wondering if "Go-To-Meeting" have an option for adding a different background during Webinars?  ZOOM offers a free Virtual Background feature that allows you to display an image as your background during a Zoom Meeting. You can either upload your own images or use their selection as your virtual background.

I recently signed up for "Go-To-Meeting" but can't locate a similar feature anywhere. I would LOVE to have a more professional background for my upcoming webinars.  

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Custom background

We listened to you and Virtual Backgrounds are now available in GoTo Meeting through the GoTo App with default and custom backgrounds!

• Along with the Default backgrounds provided by GoTo, Users can add up to 10 custom backgrounds of their choice.
  • Custom background in GoTo helps show off your own personal style and make meetings more fun and inclusive! It provides a great way to minimize those distractions and bring in new ways to meet face to face.
  • We recommend uploading images with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and a resolution of at least 1280x720 pixels (720p) if possible. The higher the resolution, the better your images will appear.
  • You can point to a custom background stored in your local machine from Hallway as well as from In-Session – Camera Setting tab by click on “+” symbol

Screenshot 2022-10-21 142139.jpg

Check out this article for more information.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Virtual Background for Webinars

Good idea !

I have a Logitech webcam for example (which offers it's own desktop software for Windows), that allows for custom avatars and some background effects that can be shown in GoToMeeting broadcasts.

It is possible that your own webcam manufacturer offers software that allows you to customize the video feed. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Di4Resume
New Contributor

Thanks, but I'm a Mac user looking for solutions... this is an already-established feature with competitors.

Being new to all this, I can't even locate where I can make a request to "Go-To-Meeting" that they consider offering this service to consumers. I have called in for Live Support but those representatives don't seem interested in my suggestion or providing me with any options to make a request. 

This is why I'm reaching out to the community for suggestions/assistance.  Thanks!

lolchiron

Virtual background like ZOOM

Hello, do you plan to offer Virual Backgrounds such as those on ZOOM? Thank you.

Richard15

Great Idea, I too am looking for such a feature.. Its a shame they are not listening and being competitive.
BSFSA

Agree with this feature being a must.

As companies have moved to remote work at home, this would be a tremendous bonus.

When will this feature be available? 

John Smith1

GoToMetting - WebCam (MackBook) - blurry or Virtual Background

Hi, 

I am using MacBook, and I would like to use my webcam during the meeting session, how can I do it, but blurrying the background or using virtual background software, or any other way. 

Thanks.

Marie3

I completely agree! This is a big downside of this platform. Most other platforms our clients use have some sort of way to manipulate the background. Its very distracting working from home when we can see other people in the household walking by. Will this capability be available sooner than later?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi all,

While we are still considering development of this feature, some users have had success using SnapCam app to integrate with their web camera during GoTo broadcasts.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

AV141

Many of my buddies and I agree.  GTM is not being competitive and not listening.  Even their name is BORING!  Everyone who wants another meeting please raise your hand!  Really?  I dropped Zoom like a bad habit and will never use their service again.  WebEx has a user interface from hell and GTM has an opportunity to move forward in this stay-at-home environment.  Blurred and Virtual Background, Photos (without LABS) would be a start.  I doubt that they really care about the user community as this is how most companies avoid dealing directly with their paying customers.