cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Voice Quality issue During GTM Audio Conference

Since a few months now I have the problem that when I share my second screen (1st screen is large 34" screen and 2nd screen is 21") that during the session the audio is scrambled and other participents don't see any screen updates anymore. After about a minute (nothing changes on my side) the audio is restored and other participents are able to hear me and see my screen again correctly.

My complete machine at this time is not responsive and when I have taskmanager open I don't see that my CPU is running a high load (around 25-35 % of a 4 core i7 CPU).

I've tried updating the GoToMeeting software, close other programs, background processes, switch from WIFI to wired network, updated video drivers, monitor drivers but nothing seems to be working.

Thanks for the assist in this matter.

7 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Voice Quality issue During GTM Audio Conference

Hi Jack,

Sorry, that does sound frustrating. 

Do you have the same experience when only sharing monitor 1, and keeping the GoToMeeting control panel on the secondary screen?

New Contributor

Hello AshC,

I did that and has the same outcome. I tried today with only the smaller screen (22 inch 1920 resolution) and then the issue is not seen. It appears to have issues when having a large screen 32-34” inch and screen sharing on a second (1920 resolution) screen. When only using the 32-34” monitor the issue is also seen.

Seems to me GoToMeeting is having issues when detecting (not sharing) a large screen/high resolution screen.

Is this a known issue? I hate to reconfigure my setup everytime I have a meeting (have a lot of meetings every week with screensharing to circumvent this issue.

Thanks,
Jack
LogMeIn Contributor

What happens when you run a test meeting, dialed into the audio via telephone?  Any improvement?

Have you made sure the ratio on both monitors is set to 100% zoom?

New Contributor

Hi Ash,

Dialed in with phone I haven’t tried it.

Test meeting with screen sharing has the same isaue. Screen resolution is set to 125% on 34” screen and 100% on 22” screen. Again screen of 22” monitor is only being shared and control panel is on 34” screen.

Running either screens on other percentage is not workable and thus not tested.

Can you test/repro this? Do you need a test recording to verify what happens?

Cheers,
Jack
LogMeIn Contributor

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this behavior on my 3-monitor desktop setup, though I do note that certain USB display converters are not as capable of screen sharing as a direct VGA or HDMI.

We have also noted previously that monitors zoomed in past 100% can have some strange behavior when screen sharing from the desktop--- though not usually a failure, just a visibility difficulty from audience members.

Please let us know what happens when you dial in by phone instead of using VoIP, and also if you can test the screen resolution at 100% instead.  These will help rule out a few variables, in order to trace your issue back to source.

New Contributor

Hello Ash,

Do you want me to test with both monitors at 100% or only the screen that is being shared? If the latter then this is already tested when 2 screens are attached and issue is seen.

I’ll try and test tomorrow in regards to the the dial-in option.

Cheers,
Jack
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, set both monitors to 100% and then either schedule a GoToMeeting with your own audio, or try connecting via telephone instead of microphone.

Let us know how things go.