cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ringerc2ndq
Active Contributor

Volume limiting (dynamic range compression) to protect hearing, compensate for spikey audio

Hi all

As a regular GoToMeeting user I'd love to be able to configure the Android mobile app, or preferably all the clients, with a volume minimum and maximum. The goal is to ensure that in group calls with people who vary in speaking volume, audio quality, mic loudness, etc, I can still hear the quieter ones without blasting my eardrums with the louder ones.

The simplest way to achieve this is to do volume dynamic range compression on the client side. On a desktop PC I can configure this myself in my sound device (or on Linux, using ALSA filters) but on a phone it's not suppoted natively by any phone OS.

Apps are free to transform the audio however they want but the user can't put filters between the app and the output sound device.

So please add dynamic range compression to GoToMeeting. I'd love to not have to hover over the volume control on my bluetooth earpiece anymore to adjust it for quiet people and not get blasted by loud people.

This would be a huge selling point over the competition since it'd improve meeting quality, comfort, and improve communication.

1 REPLY 1
ringerc2ndq
Active Contributor

Re: Volume limiting (dynamic range compression) to protect hearing, compensate for spikey audio

Anyone else have difficulties with audio volume range?

Especially on mobile and on bluetooth headpiece?