cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustPSC

We must use Microsoft App Store?

I seen a notice pop up in my G2M client that we must use the Microsoft App Store new updates and downloads? Is that true? If so, how are we supposed to manage the client on corporate IT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JConn1980
Active Contributor

Re: We must use Microsoft App Store?

My users are also receiving this message about the plugin needing to be upgraded to GoTo for Outlook.  I've also spoken with tech support and was told that the GoToMeeting plug-in was being replaced with the GoTo for Outlook add-in.  The plug-in still worked because all of the features in the plug-in worked in the new add-in.  Users could switch to the new add-in, but might be missing some functionality.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@JustPSC   What operating system are you using GoTo with?  As far as I know we continue to issue the desktop GoTo software through LogMeIn managed websites.  Feel free to post a snap shot of the message here. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
josn93

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem and I came to inquire about it, in my company we use go to meeting on Windows 10, but I block the Windows store application. Are you sure that the go to meeting plugin will remain available on desktop ?

gotomeeting.png

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@josn93  I haven't heard of any plans to discontinue the Outlook desktop plugin, though I suspect more work will be placed on the Outlook 365 web interface.  You may reference this article for details moving forward:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/gotomeeting-for-microsoft-outlook-g2m010020 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JConn1980
Active Contributor

My users are also receiving this message about the plugin needing to be upgraded to GoTo for Outlook.  I've also spoken with tech support and was told that the GoToMeeting plug-in was being replaced with the GoTo for Outlook add-in.  The plug-in still worked because all of the features in the plug-in worked in the new add-in.  Users could switch to the new add-in, but might be missing some functionality.

JConn1980
Active Contributor

My reply above should in no way be marked as the solution.  I'm not affiliated with GotoMeeting and and was only reporting my users' experiences and what I've been told by GotoMeeting support.

My post does not answer the original poster's questions or address any of his concerns.  The main reason I posted is because I would like an official response from GotoMeeting regarding the status of the Outlook plug-in for GotoMeeting and why the Goto add-in doesn't appear to work with Outlook 2016.