cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim112
New Contributor

Webcam not showing in GoToMeeting

Hi,

I'm trying to use a hdmi to usb webcam converter (Lindy Hdmi to USB 3.1 Video Capture Device) and its working well with the normal Windows 10 Kamera App and Skype. It is alsow showing on web browsers, to test this I used https://webcamtests.com/check

In GoToMeeting I do see only a grey background and a spinning circle.

For this to work there no additional drivers needed anyhow I installed them and there is no change.

I also tried to use ManyCam as suggested by the LogmeIn Support on some other forum posts- same result - showing in Kamera App, Skype and Web, but not in GoToMeeting.

Can you please advise on this? GoToMeeting 10.8.0 Build 16786

Kind regards,

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Webcam not showing in GoToMeeting

Hi Tim,

I'm afraid GoToMeeting doesn't work that well with high-end webcams that need their own software installations or those that utilize a higher input feed like HDMI.  We are looking for a basic plug-and-play device that plugs directly into a USB input.  I beleive some users have tested certain devices that manage webcam feeds externally, then input to a USB jack by itself, but I cannot confirm that these work myself. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Tim112
New Contributor

Hi,

there is no software needed at all to get it working under windows. And it is connected via USB. As said, even a normal web browser is able to select and display it. Is there not a debug log to see why it is only displaying a grey window in GoToMeeting software?

Kind regards
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey Tim,

Just wanted to loop back on this convo, as it sounds like the problem you experienced was on Mac OS (?)

In this case, check the Mac GoToMeeting Preferences, and click the Webcams option there to see if the OS triggers the security request to allow the feed.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!