cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Webcam with microphone : tests well, but does not show on the GoToMeeting screen.

Hello. On my last two GoToMeeting sessions, I was unable to use the microphone on the webcam.  My microphone, on the session, was not showing.  However, I did a sound check, via the GoToMeeting list, and the microphone responded from the expected device, which was the webcam.  I also clicked on the video, and it worked, and then I quickly got off of the video.

It is only on the GoToMeeting user list that I do not show an audio symbol to unmute myself.

Am using a desktop computer with Windows 10.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Webcam with microphone : tests well, but does not show on the GoToMeeting screen.

Hello,

Sorry, were you the event Organizer for this GoToMeeting broadcast?  (The behavior and limitations vary depending on how you are attending)

New Contributor

Re: Webcam with microphone : tests well, but does not show on the GoToMeeting screen.

No, I was just an attendee. 

The microphone, as part of the webcam, worked fine until a couple of days ago. But now, the clickable icon to mute/unmute does not show on the meeting participants screen.  However, testing the microphone with the same GoToMetting application, shows the microphone responding to my voice.  Interesting that the microphone shows on one screen (test microphone), but not on the meeting screen.

LogMeIn Contributor

@wbrenner  Next you should visit the manufacturer's websites of your webcam and desktop PC, in order to update all available drivers and software, before rebooting and joining your next meeting broadcast.